Page 519 of 1005 FirstFirst ... 19419469509517518519520521529569619 ... LastLast
Results 5,181 to 5,190 of 10041

Thread: The CO (conditioner only) washing thread

Type
    3b/M/C/ii/iii

Default Re: The CO (conditioner only) washing thread

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Faery View Post
    Hello and welcome! I've never seen this mentioned, but it sounds intriguing! Is there an ingredient list for the conditioner?
    There's a 600+ post thread about Toadstool products here. The conditioner is very minimalist in the ingredients department: Distilled Water, Jojoba Oil, Glycerin, Vit E & Humectant(corn & soy oil blend) for moisturizing, Potassium Sorbate & Fragrance oil.

There's also a current discount code listed here. (You say "enabler" like it's a bad thing! )

I'm just not ready to be a Renegray yet!
    Avatar credit to the lovely milagro

Length
    Pixie/BSL/Class
    Type
    2c/F/i/ii

Recently, I've started leaving in more of my conditioner (SNTC, and I only use it for leave-in right now because I'm using up a bottle of Tresemme Naturals for washing with) than I ever thought was sane. I'm surprised by how well it's working.

Now I just have to get my mom on the bandwagon. She has similar hair to me, only much coarser and maybe curlier as well, but it's so dry and damaged it's hard to tell.

Lady Fáreryniel of the Depthless Forest in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!
    Somewhere in the region of very near waist...

Length
    Tbl/Apl/Jaw
    Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Tabihito View Post
    Recently, I've started leaving in more of my conditioner (SNTC, and I only use it for leave-in right now because I'm using up a bottle of Tresemme Naturals for washing with) than I ever thought was sane. I'm surprised by how well it's working.

Now I just have to get my mom on the bandwagon. She has similar hair to me, only much coarser and maybe curlier as well, but it's so dry and damaged it's hard to tell.
    I've been putting a lot more conditioner back in as a leave in recently too, my hair can take a massive amount before it looks like too much. I've tried to get my housemates on the bandwagon and also mentioned it to friends but everyone seem to find it too wierd - makes me wonder how they'd react to WO/SO!!
    CO washer - Grahtoe - Dresses only - De-clutterer - LHC addict

Length
    BSL/BSL/Waist
    Type
    3a/3b/F/iii

I've been putting a lot more conditioner back in as a leave in recently too, my hair can take a massive amount before it looks like too much. I've tried to get my housemates on the bandwagon and also mentioned it to friends but everyone seem to find it too wierd - makes me wonder how they'd react to WO/SO!!
    sorry I'm still new here what's SO?

there should really be a list of acronyms somewhere lol

Length
    Pixie/BSL/Class
    Type
    2c/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by FoxyRoxy13 View Post
    sorry I'm still new here what's SO?

there should really be a list of acronyms somewhere lol
    List of acronyms!

SO is sebum-only, and technically doesn't involve washing your hair at all. It's making sure that your hair is covered in sebum, the natural oil your body produces, to keep it protected. The thinking is, that oil is necessary, and removing it by washing doesn't do you any good. Those who have a SO routine eventually get to the point where their hair doesn't look greasy at all, as their scalp's oil production normalizes after a period of time.

Lady Fáreryniel of the Depthless Forest in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!
    Somewhere in the region of very near waist...

Length
    BSL/BSL/Waist
    Type
    3a/3b/F/iii

omg thank you for the acronyms lol, I've been trying to find a list for days lol.

Type
    3b/M/C/ii/iii

When I tell people I shampoo my hair once a year, whether it needs it or not, their eyes bug out.

Then I ask them if my hair looks nasty.... "no".
    Then I ask them if my hair smells nasty.... "no".
    Then I ask them if my hair feels nasty.... "no".

Then I ask them if my hair looks good and smells good and feels good, why is it "nasty" that I only use shampoo once a year?

Same with leaving in conditioner... everyone's been so brainwashed (no pun intended) by the haircare industry to think that you need "special leave-in conditioner" -- but then they see and feel that my hair -- which has regular conditioner in it -- is not sticky or dull or whatever, and it rocks their world a little to realize that what they thought they knew about haircare is completely backasswards!

I'm just not ready to be a Renegray yet!
    Avatar credit to the lovely milagro

Length
    BSL/BSL/Waist
    Type
    3a/3b/F/iii

my sister had the same reaction when I mentioned to her that I was going to try CO washing. She thought it was so gross and my hair would be disgusting.

I can imagine her reaction if I had told her I might be trying WO if CO goes well lol.

Length
    19/34/38
    Type
    1b/F/ii

My mother is still sceptical about this, even if I have been coing since august!

I think coing would suit her hair much better than mine. Her hair is curly, but very very frizzy. Sometimes I wonder what co would do to her curls. but she would never try
    CO since 15-08-11

Length
    Tbl/Apl/Jaw
    Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

I get similar reactions as GRU, people are always complimenting my hair but yet when i tell them how i care for it they won't give it a chance themselves. The response is usually 'wow, i could never get away with that on my hair, just think of how greasy it would be', i don't get why people won't even give things a try, seriously, how much harm is 1 CO wash going to do?!
    CO washer - Grahtoe - Dresses only - De-clutterer - LHC addict