Page 345 of 1633 FirstFirst ... 2452953353433443453463473553954458451345 ... LastLast
Results 3,441 to 3,450 of 16322

Thread: Shoulder | Armpit

Type
    3a/3b/M/C/ii/iii

Default Re: Calling all who are growing shoulder to APL!

Quote Originally Posted by Katleen View Post
    I used to call my color 'dishwater hair' but apparently now we can call it 'blondette'

It looks to me that yours is slightly darker than mine, more lightbrown than darkblonde... But then again, I never knew at what point you go from dark blonde to light brown...
    I could never figure that out either...I guess Then I can say that I'm a cool-toned blondette

Quote Originally Posted by OrganicJewel View Post
    or I guess that should be diatomaceous earth
    Good luck finding the coconut oil! And I totally like Damascus Earth better than diatomaceous earth

Quote Originally Posted by Georgies View Post

Okay, that made me laugh but it's not true! btw, my hair color has had some help from multiple henndigo glosses. I like either black or red hair but I have neither, my nat color is kind of ashy, with blonde tones in the summer. I don't think it fits my warm and yellowish skin tone at all. Of course, I am jealous of cool toned people...
    Well, henndigo gloss or not, your hair color is lovely, Georgies! And I totally believed that it was natural!

I could never really figure out what hair color I have, and never, ever, thought that I would have ash or cool tones. But, in honor of this thread, I popped by the local MAC counter after work today (MAC opened in Finland about a year ago...yes!!) and had them "type" me. The lady informed me that I could wear both warm or cool toned foundations, since I have hints of both, but we ended up going with the cool one since it looks better! I was in shock! But totally happy, since now I look better Now I just have to figure out what to do with the hair color...

Length
    TWA/APL/BSL
    Type
    4b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by pretty wings View Post
    So happy I found this thread! I made it to shoulder length back in April or May and hope to make APL around this time next year. I'm banning myself from doing length checks until at least September because it has become excessive. I know my hair is growing but I swear it is in the same spot it was back in May.
    Still not there yet.

Length
    13/25/32
    Type
    2a/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by JaimeH View Post
    This was my hair before I cut it all off it was BSL and I miss it it so bad!

This is my length this morning. It is 17.5 inches right now.

I'll fall in with the next monthly update but mine will only be a half month for the first one.
    Pretty hair JaimeH! You'll get back there with the help of everyone here

Quote Originally Posted by Justy View Post
    I did lose about 1/2 inch more than I was planning to, but not as much as I was dreading last night. My last hair dresser had used thinning scissors on my hemline to make it not blunt. Today all the thinned parts were cut off, about 1" from the back and 1/2" from the front/sides so it's all even with a fuller hemline. I think most of my old undercut is gone now too. Since I'm at the thin end of ii and my hair has a huge tapper from my big shed last year I can use all the help I can get.

Here is my new hemline, what do you think?
    wow, really good hemline and a lovely colour!

In answer to the trim or no trim question, my take on it is that I'll only trim if I see split ends. None so far. Maybe because I wear my hair up nearly all the time. but it is a miracle, because my hair was heavily bleached until recently.
    *SL*APL*BSL*WL*

Length
    12/mb/waist
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by DaniVerde View Post
    Actually, are you able to tell if someone has cool tones or warm? If so, would you mind telling me if I send you a few pics? PM me..
    I am only so-so at being able to do skin tones. Good thing you went to MAC . BTW have you tried their Mineralize Skin Finish Natural? That stuff is amazing. I used to be such an anti-Mac snob but this product has me repenting. I get so many compliments on my "gorgeous skin" now LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by DaniVerde View Post
    While we're on the topic...what color is my hair?
    From the pic you posted I would say you are a cool toned brunette which is what I would be if my face could handle it. Love that color because it is so sophisticated and unique-- and very hard to achieve without a very pro colorist.

Quote Originally Posted by OrganicJewel View Post
    or I guess that should be diatomaceous earth
    I like Damascus Earth better. Sounds like the name of a S. Lutens perfume... or a metal band!

Quote Originally Posted by pretty wings View Post
    Still not there yet.
    Come hang out with us Pretty Wings it's a good way to pass the time
    Routine for my dyed mid back length hair: shampoo and condition twice a week, with Alterna Kendi Dry Oil Spray all over and shea butter on ends and lightly on length as leave-ins on wet hair, and blow dried with a Sedu on low heat

Length
    TWA/APL/BSL
    Type
    4b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Sillage View Post
    Come hang out with us Pretty Wings it's a good way to pass the time
    Thanks, looks like I will be hanging out with you guys a lot longer than I had originally thought. Oh well my hair isn't falling out so I can't complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Johanna View Post
    I'm not at apl but I found this http://thebeautydepartment.com/2011/...per/#more-4969 I think it would be a good do for short haired gals
    Ooooh I like this. Will have to try it soon.

Type
    2a/F/ii

I'm not at apl but I found this http://thebeautydepartment.com/2011/...per/#more-4969 I think it would be a good do for short haired gals
    That's very cool. Thank you sharing!

Length
    12/mb/waist
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Great find Johanna! I love this look-- very elegant with plenty of texture and interest. The bun is very nicely proportioned and looks chic without being prissy. I hate prissy updos!

Alas my hair is still too short but I'm saving it for when it's finally long enough.
    Routine for my dyed mid back length hair: shampoo and condition twice a week, with Alterna Kendi Dry Oil Spray all over and shea butter on ends and lightly on length as leave-ins on wet hair, and blow dried with a Sedu on low heat

Type
    2a/2b/M/ii/iii

I did a sneaky midmonth towel test this morning , and I think I am definitely APL at this point.

Been thinking about it, and this is a great thread since there has been some life kicked into it, so rather than growing further, I decided to plan a very small trim within the next weeks, whenever I can plan it in my schedule.
    I will probably have some extra layers cut in as well, in an effort to revive my waves.

That way I can stay with you guys a little longer , and I get my ends in better shape, so I can grow to APL and longer again with healthy hair.

Type
    3a/3b/M/C/ii/iii

I am only so-so at being able to do skin tones. Good thing you went to MAC . BTW have you tried their Mineralize Skin Finish Natural? That stuff is amazing. I used to be such an anti-Mac snob but this product has me repenting. I get so many compliments on my "gorgeous skin" now LOL.
    Mineral tends to break me out But I got the Longwear Pro, and so far I have to say that it's amazing

From the pic you posted I would say you are a cool toned brunette which is what I would be if my face could handle it. Love that color because it is so sophisticated and unique-- and very hard to achieve without a very pro colorist.
    You may be convincing me to keep my natural color

Quote Originally Posted by Katleen View Post
    I did a sneaky midmonth towel test this morning , and I think I am definitely APL at this point.

That way I can stay with you guys a little longer , and I get my ends in better shape, so I can grow to APL and longer again with healthy hair.
    Those are both fabulous reasons to stay here! Healthier hair at APL and fun in the Shoulder to APL thread!!

Length
    Chin/Shld/Class
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

I had my hair up in a "bun" today. It isn't really a bun, but it is all up and tidy and held with sticks. When I took my hair down... I had bun curls! OMG! Bun curls! Well, ok, only half my hair did, but still.... so awesome!