Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fringe/Bangs problem (I guess(

Length
    58 in/43 in/43 in
    Type
    2b/M/iii

Default Re: Fringe/Bangs problem (I guess(

Before I grew my bangs out I always blew them dry I never thought about if I looked funny or not.

Tries to Help Everyone jacqueline101's Avatar
    Length
    slh/Hip/Knee
    Type
    1b/F/iii

I have bangs or fringe as you may know them as. I have changed my style of bangs this year. I went from thin straight basic bangs to a pixie style. I cut them within a month a part. My hair growth in that area is great. I do think you could use heated appliances on them due to the rate of growth. I do think the dry shampoo would be good too. Maybe a new style of bangs might suit you. If they are thick then try thinner styled.

http://51303.photobucket.com/user/ja...ker101/profile
    Some say I'm nearing hip and my fat ate the hair I'm jacqueline101 not a pronoun
    jacquelinewalker101.blogspot.com

Length
    Chin/Hip/Class
    Type
    2b/M/C/ii/iii

I have bangs/fringe, and I flat iron them whenever I'm wearing them out (as in not pinned back or in a headband) because I trim them so often that any damage that eventually shows will get trimmed away.

And I am heat-free otherwise.

Length
    ?/35/40
    Type
    1c/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by chahuahuas View Post
    I agree!! My forehead is oily, so dry shampoo was the ONLY thing that worked for my bangs. It was so awesome to be able to dry up the grease on my bangs, allowing me to put off washing the rest of my hair for a while. It's much healthier to just use some dry shampoo on them, rather than have to wash and flat iron them all over again. Plus, dry shampoo fluffs your bangs up nicely (not in a frizzy way, just so that they don't stick to your forehead) so you don't need to use heat styling on them again.
    Yeah, it's a great way to get big sexy tousled volume, on your fringe roots and on the rest of your roots as well! It's just harder to brush out the rest of your hair

Length
    12''/25''/41''
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/ii/iii

I see no problem in using heat just on your fringe. I know with my hair, to keep my fringe the way I want it I have to trim before any major damage shows on the ends. Just make sure you include your fringe with the love treatments you give your length. It works for me.

Length
    14"/25"/waist
    Type
    2c/M/C/ii

Hello I do fringe washes as my fringe gets greasy really really quickly. When its drying I comb my fringe in the opposite direction, when its a little dry on one side I then swaps sides and comb to the opposite direction (does that make sense). I keep changing direction until it dries. This makes it sit nice and not curl up, but takes time.

Failing that I just blow dry on a gentle heat and flat iron away! (It gets trimmed every 3 weeks)
    Last edited by alwayssmiling; July 31st, 2011 at 05:00 PM.

Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Who cares if people laugh? I love my fringe right now and for the longest time I've only blowdried that part of my hair while I leave the rest to airdry. It quickly gives me the look I want, doesn't harm the rest of my hair, and I really don't think having a dry fringe while the length is wet looks bad. Also, if I left it to airdry my fringe would dry first anyway.

Length
    24in/32in/31in
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

You should try a medium/large width velcro roller. Just roll it on and let it stay there for several minutes while you are getting ready and at least it will take on a shape that may not air dry completely funny.
    DarkSky
    Hair Type: 2c/3a F/M ii with layers, modified CG, enjoy occasional heat styling
    Length: July13, 2011 -> 24in (BSL), Goal length passed - 32in (Hip) April 2013

Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Thanks for the replies :-)
    I did give in earlier and cut them back to eyebrow length. I only used the cooler setting of the dryer and my hair actually looks better lol.
    If i keep my fringe up it'll stay up so i ideally need to keep it down. I don't see how the cool shot will harm it too much. I will see about getting dry shampoo too :-)

Length
    Pixie/Waist/BCL?
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    Also, if I left it to airdry my fringe would dry first anyway.
    Good point, haha. Another reason nobody would look at you funny.

ETA: Even if you did look funny, they probably won't look at you funny. And if they do, they suck and you should just ignore them!
    "I'm not cheating, I'm just decorating." ~ravenreed