Thread: The henna thread?

Length
    hip/31"/more!
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Default The henna thread?

Where did it go? I have a question: how do I get a natural 'red head' color, not the orangy type of color, but a deeper red, kind of chestnut red? But still a natural color.
    I have used henna 2 times but I have a sandy color now, it looks nice, but I think a darker rich red would be better. Btw the picture you see in my profile does not really show my hair color properly.

Length
    ??/32/??
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

I use henna and indigo alternately and over time have ended up with a deep chestnut colour, as opposed to the orange which i had when I first started using henna. I don't have any specific amounts though, as I just use one or the other whenever I feel in the mood to. If a henna application turns out too orange, then I do an indigo application some time later, and so on.
    ??/waist/??
    Products: Terressentials, MM shampoos, honey, jojoba oil, shea butter, henna.

Length
    24/28/33.5
    Type
    1b/F/M/i/ii

May be you should look into morrocco method or Avigale. Anthony Morrocco has sherry, and red. Avigale has copper and many other colors. All henna's build up with time.

Length
    17?/close/WAIST
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/i

honestly, I don't think even my whites look orange, but I do straight henna, 8 hour applications and do full head all the time, so they get pretty saturated.. they aren't chestnut, but.. you may want to play and then add some indigo or do some after wards.. maybe some strand tests are in order?
    http://gliders.phoenix.org - our sugar glider info page

Herbivore
    Length
    58cm/103cm/tb
    Type
    2b/M/iii

ok, henna only comes in red, but the result depends on how long you keep it on your head, and how often you use it. It darkens over time and can turn purperly. But it'll always glow orange in the sun no matter how dark you go. But in other lights you can get a deep dark red. Look at this, dark red but still some orange glow. http://www.****************/frame.htm
    (look at judith under longhair in the left menue)

I use the Yemen henna from H4H (catherine's) and it does not go orange, not even on the gray's...I would say it is more of an auburn, or reddish-brown.

Length
    17?/close/WAIST
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/i

I use jamila and I can't carry orangey reds at all. it is more auburn even on my whites.. but good luck whatever you said.
    http://gliders.phoenix.org - our sugar glider info page

Length
    long/55.5/long
    Type
    2c/C/iii

What's your original color?
    I think what you need is BAQ(body art quality henna) of hmm jamila or yemen maybe. Or you can apply it a few more times to see the color build up. I myself use henndigo and have done it 6 times. Everytime the indigo fades and as I apply more the color I am left with keeps getting redder and redder.

Length
    25/33.7/36
    Type
    1b/F/ii

I use henne color in auburn. It is not BAQ, it has metallic salts in it and that (I think) makes it vibrant. You cannot use a chemical color after that, or wait for a long time. It turned very red after two full head applications (of 5 hours). Now I just do the roots and a gloss over the rest of my hair.

HIH

Length
    chin/33/TB
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

The henne color has metallic salts in it? Well fooey. I was looking forward to using that kind this summer while I'm in Europe. Oh well, I guess more research is in order.

Aibell, your hair looks really nice, metallic salts or no.