Thread: - Glove Colour from Henna . . ?

Length
    20/23,6/35,4
    Type
    2c/M/C/iii

Default - Glove Colour from Henna . . ?

- I usually try different brands of Henna and this time my latex gloves have a strong green colour as I wash the henna off them and I can not remember if they're usually orange or if they are indeed green after I've washed them clean after applying henna to my hair .

What colour are your gloves usually afterwards ?

Must note that this time I only mixed the henna with water, while I would usually use clove, lemon, little bit olive oil, a lot of tea and paprika powder, which might have made my old gloves orange, if I remember correctly .

Account Closed by Member Request

Default Re: - Glove Coluor from Henna . . ?

Mine are Bozo the clown orange every time. I vary the mix from paprika, chamomile, to plain water and henna. Orange.

That being said, there are green bits but they're gone when I rinse the gloves thoroughly. Did your henna dye release?

Length
    20/23,6/35,4
    Type
    2c/M/C/iii

Default Re: - Glove Coluor from Henna . . ?

- Yes I believe it dye released, and I usually test by putting some henna mix on my arm, then washing it off a minute later . . my arm was left orange .

So why were the gloves green . . *getting worried sitting here with the henna in her red hair*
    hah . But I don't mind green hair . . :/

Last of the Brunnen-G kwaniesiam's Avatar
    Length
    bald/mop/long!
    Type
    2b/2c/F/i/ii

Default Re: - Glove Colour from Henna . . ?

Is it pure henna? My gloves have always turned orange.
    Your neighborhood LHC-friendly hair stylist Anyone is always free to PM me if they have any questions they think I might be able to help with, hair or otherwise!

Account Closed by Member Request

Quote Originally Posted by kwaniesiam View Post
    Is it pure henna? My gloves have always turned orange.
    I'm wondering this, too...sometimes a green dye (as well as sand) is added to henna to make it look fresher and to make it weigh heavier... BAQ pure henna doesn't have green dye or sand.

My gloves are stained a dark orange every time.

Length
    20/23,6/35,4
    Type
    2c/M/C/iii

- AH !

I don't know if it's pure, that's the thing, it's not my usual henna, I just thought I should try out this new kind because it was dirty cheap [also made me a bit worried it might not be good] but I'm going to wash it out now and see how it leaves my hair ! o.o

Will tell you the results . .

Addition:
    Washed it out, so far it seems to have given a good effect, like my usual henna, and as I expected it made my front section [Neon UV red bit] a bit darker, just like I wanted, I found the red far too bright, and I put in a concoction to have in my hair for an hour made of honey, olive oil, water and a tiny bit of tiger balm . I love experimenting
    Last edited by RedheadMistress; August 20th, 2010 at 04:00 PM.