Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Co-worker cut her hair

Default Co-worker cut her hair

I'm bummed out! A co-worker of 6.5 years bobbed her below BSL hair to above her chin.

I knew she would do it since she did it before but it shocked me to see her this morning.

When I started working here she had about shoulder or AP length hair. Didn't think anything of it until she started growing out her dyed hair and cutting off the dye so as to have virgin brown hair to donate.

It grew to below BSL and she chopped it for LoL. This was a few years ago. Posting from phone. See part 2.

Default Re: Co-worker cut her hair

Well, I hope she likes it. I bet it takes her like 5 seconds to shower now. I remember cutting my classic-length hair to collarbone length when I was 12 or so, and I wanted my shower timed, to see how fast it would be, heh. I thought I could do it in 20 seconds, and was disappointed with my actual 2 minutes.
    Smile, breathe and go slowly. — Thich Nhat Hanh
    You can't get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me. — CS Lewis

So anyway, it grew back to below BSL over the past two years and she must have had enough of it because it was chopped today.

It is her hair, and if she doesn't want it long than I guess I can see the growing and cutting for donation process, though I don't agree with the organization. Oh well, too late now!

She told me after the first time she cut it that she hates it. I would kind of call her tom-boyish. Not that tom-boys can't have long hair, just saying she never really did anything with it.

Part 3? This phone doesn't like long messages. Anyway, she always wore it in a loose ponytail and that was it. Some people aren't meant to have long hair.

So I guess I won't take long hair for granted. Years to grow, seconds to cut.

Thanks to all you who are growing!

Length
    18/18/40
    Type
    3b/M/ii

Good for her. Plenty of people prefer short hair!

Length
    15"/16.5"/30"+
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Yes, do not take long hair for granted ..... sooooo longggg to grow it back out when you make the decision to cut it. You can do sooooo much with long hair and sometimes you don't realize that until you've cut it... then it's too late and we have to grow back out. LOL
    Growing out from major chop, May 2010. APL now, goal=waist length. NEVER CHOP AGAIN!!!

Yeah, how boring would it be if everyone had long hair? Then all of you "long-hairs" wouldn't be unique!

So like Copasetic said, good for her! She doesn't deserve long hair

Length
    thigh/apl/none
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/iii

Eh, I wouldn't concern yourself with other people's hair or appearance.

"Only the shallow know themselves." -Oscar Wilde

Hey hey hey, I'm the biggest tomboy ever and I know everything about hair, and how to do all kinds of styles with it. So I guess the lesson here today is quite simple: There are different types of tomboys and their hair.
    Smile, breathe and go slowly. — Thich Nhat Hanh
    You can't get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me. — CS Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by dearladydisdain View Post
    Eh, I wouldn't concern yourself with other people's hair or appearance.
    Not concerned. Just a little shocked after getting used to seeing her grow it so long (compared to other co-workers) then coming in with it all short.