Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone who wash rarely?

Length
    long/term/term
    Type
    1a/F/M/i/ii

Default Re: Anyone who wash rarely?

Sometimes I have to wait longer if my schedule does not permit proper drying time, I'm busy, I'm away, I'm sick. In winter I will not wash if we run the risk of a winter storm and electric power outage => no heat in the house. In summer I will not wash if I must go to bed with my hair wet. Slightly damp is ok, but not wet. So it's not a certain number of days, it's every other week as my schedule permits.

I could not have done this with short hair or when I was young - my hair and scalp and skin were quite oily and I would have had *terminal* zits on my hairline and scalp. Ick.

Type
    3b/M/C/ii/iii

Not sure if you're looking to avoid shampoo only or just avoid getting it wet, but I haven't used shampoo since October 2009. I do "wash" my scalp it with conditioner pretty much every day, though, and condition the length as well. I have curly hair and I have to get it wet to style it.

Nobody believes me when I tell them that I haven't washed my hair in over six months, because it looks great -- not greasy or anything.

My experiment failed today - as I couldn't help I so much wanted to baby my hair with an oil-scalpmassage-then wash- then treatment. :: blushes ::

But please, feel free to post your thoughts about this anyway.
    ~*~.
    If you find me slow in responding in a thread. PM me or leave a message on my profile. The dream: 100% Virgin Classic Length Hair...

How did it fail?

I "wash" somewhere between a week and 10 days for the most part but sometimes my wash is CO, sometimes shampoo bar, sometimes WO. I'd say I average shampoo bar use about once every three weeks. I use coconut oil on my ends and sometimes on my length and wear it up every day except wash day usually. Toward the time for a wash I use my BBB to smooth my scalp hairs before putting it up and it looks very sleek and shiny, but never dirty. This routine works really well for me.

When I first started this type of routine it took some getting used to. My perception of clean hair has changed. It can actually be oily and still be clean. My updos work so much better with three-plus-day hair than with freshly washed hair.
    Utlizing only the Contacts portion of the Friends list feature.

restourceful: Thankyou, that was interesting. I'm sorry if I haven't been clear enough. My experiment failed by that I washed my hair again though I already have had washed it for this month... but then I reconsidered it and thought I could just start over with the experiment, only it starts today instead. I've decided I'm gonna wash my hair the 12th every month, I chose this date so that it would be easy to remember washday. I will try this for a year approximately, so until april 12th 2011.

Maybe this sounds weird, but I have to have some hair projects while I'm waiting for my hair to grow out.
    ~*~.
    If you find me slow in responding in a thread. PM me or leave a message on my profile. The dream: 100% Virgin Classic Length Hair...

Type
    1a/F/ii

I scalp wash every day. However, I just washed the length of it today for the first time in three weeks. That's the longest I've ever gone without washing it, and it seems to be happy.

Perhaps it will be a month until my next length wash.
    My hair has never been longer than it is today!

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

I know a lot of people postpone washes for a long time, and some don't wash at all, but I like clean, fragrant, shiny hair, and it seems to be in pretty good condition for being washed 3 times a week. I truly don't see the appeal of gunky hair/scalp.

Length
    pixie/Shldr/APL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii/iii

I stretch washes. I don't go by a schedule, just what my hair feels like (usually ends up being once every week to two weeks, but more during "that time of the month" (hope that's not TMI ).

However, it never really worked until my hair got to about chin. Before that, the oil just traveled to the end of the shaft way too quickly. Since you said you have very short hair, don't worry if you can't do it at first. Try increasing the time between washings gradually as your hair gets longer and see if that helps.
    26/8/1916 - 21/09/2010

Length
    shldr/tlbn/fgrtp
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

I wash my hair once per week- it's actually shiny and fragrant, no gunk =) However I do run a bit of water over my scalp everyday.
    Even the darkness will not be dark to you; the night will shine like day. Search me, God, and know my heart...And lead me in the way everlasting. -Psalm 139

My hair always smells fresh, even toward wash days. DH comments about how good it smells all the time. My sister who shampoos and blow-fries every other day says her hair smells bad if the sun shines on it. Something to do with the heat. When I used a blow-fryer mine would sometimes have that hot odor, but never since I quit using it. I would certainly wash more often if I felt like my hair smelled bad or my scalp felt gunky. It doesn't, so I don't. Perhaps it is the difference in some people's chemistry. When I washed every other day I had bad dandruff and itchies. Now my scalp is calm and happy. It works for me. And what works for me doesn't work for everyone, just as what others do might not work for me.
    Utlizing only the Contacts portion of the Friends list feature.