Hi people.

When my hair was longer, eg. waist length and below, an English braid used to be my most comfortable means of getting my hair out of the way and protecting it, especially when I was sick and in bed.

Nowadays I just can't seem to make it comfortable. It looks good, but it always seems to end up with the whole weight hanging off one strand or pulling in odd places, no matter how hard I try. French braids are even worse for some reason. Its so uncomfortable, I just can't wear braids for any length of time and I don't understand what I'm doing wrong or how to remedy it.

I don't understand why it was never a problem when it was much longer, it just took no effort at all to do it and it was always comfortable. I would have thought that the extra length and weight would have made this problem more likely? Maybe I'm just thinking about it wrong? Is it because its still too short perhaps? Even though an English braid looks good at this length, it doesn't feel right.

I'm a bit disappointed, I was looking forward to my hair being long enough again to do an English braid (I like simple styles). If I have to wait a bit longer for more length, I can live with that though.

Any solutions? Or has anyone else experienced this at this length but found it got better as it got longer?

Thanks in advance.