Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hair fail! (Venting.. please share yours!)

Length
    27/Ankle/Floor
    Type
    1b/M/iii

Default Re: Hair fail! (Venting.. please share yours!)

Second to last time I got my hair cut, the girl was very impatient. I have long, thick hair that tangles when wet. So really, it should be cut dry. Anyway, I asked for a little layering at the front, to take the bluntness out of the ends. She did one side great, but the other was like a blunt step, and much larger than the other one.
    Biggest hair fail! I got the hacked side trimmed to be more of a gradient, but the layered side is still bigger on one side than the other.

Length
    34/Long/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

This one was so long ago that none of the hairs involved are still part of my life, but once I was trying to cut a rubber band out from some kind of a half up snarl situation and I cut the hair instead. I can still remember the sinking OMG type feeling and the compulsion to invent explanation for the missing chunk of hair rather than admit the cause.

Length
    chin/TB/knee+
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/iii

My biggest hair fail: asking for a quarter inch trim (literally, holding up my fingers saying "LITERALLY, only a QUARTER INCH) then spacing out for the next five minutes. Two inches, slight layers, and a U shaped hemline, NONE of which I wanted. Dangit. I'm finding a new salon and asking for a hand mirror to WATCH the entire trim next time. I'd self trim, but that's asking for trouble.
    “Genius is nothing more nor less than childhood recovered at will.” ~ Charles Baudelaire

Length
    SL-28/36/40
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii/iii

At least your ends would have felt good after a two inch trim, right italianamama?

Length
    BSL/Chin/?
    Type
    1c/2a/C/iii

Went to the salon today. I'm fairly happy with my cut, but the lady was so mean to my hair. My scalp still feels a little sore and my appointment was almost 12 hours ago! She kept pulling and twisting and stuff. :/
    At least it looks and feels nice though. My ends were super crunchy and dry.

Length
    20"/MBL/?
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/iii

Wow, this is a scary thread to read right before a hair appointment, lol !
    * please don't let me have a hair fail, please please please *

Type
    2c/F/iii

Last summer I went to go get sideswept bangs and the woman took them WAY too far back. I had a huge chunk of hair missing and had to get layers put in to try and blend them in. I was (and still am slightly) upset.

Length
    24/40/CLC
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

I have one at the back of my head underneath. Please don't laugh! But when I was pregnant I was very very sick. I had to stay downstairs in a bed beacuse I couldn't walk, I couldn't get out of bed unaided and I had no feeling down the right handside of my body. I happen to be right handed. So brushing my hair was hard work. It was TB-classic length. I use to brush it once a day and when you can't stand up that's hard. The last 6 inches were damaged. One day I found a knot at the nape of my neck.... not nay old know but a cigarette pack (20) sized knot and no I don't smoke. Anyway After trying to tease it out, I realised this was one of my curly sections and it was a matted mess. So I got the scissors out and cut it out! This was 9 months ago and I now have some short strands which poke out under my braids! They look ridiculous!

Length
    chin/BSL/Hip
    Type
    2c/M/C/iii

I had the same hair fail as Cupofmilk!

I wasn't sick at the time though, I was a little kid. I had thick coarse hair and only one of those cheap plastic brushes. I brushed my hair every day but the bristles didn't reach all the way to my underlayer...I ended up with a matt at my nape the size of my palm! My mom had to cut it out, and I got a short haircut soon after that.

As an adult my biggest hair fail was bleach. Trying to go platinum at home? BAD plan. And then I had to get my picture taken for my driver's license the next day, looking like a dandelion!

Length
    Pob!/SL/BSL+
    Type
    1b/1c/M/i/ii

Hair fail > Noticing my layers seem to be more damaged than i first thought, but trying to grown them out.....fail!! They need a trim
    - Chin - Shoulder - Collarbone - midway between SL and APL - APL when my arms are lifted up! - APL - BSL -