Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Length
    Bsl/41"/Knee
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/iii

Default annoying growth stages

Hi all!!
    I Think we all know the annoying stage of growing out hair and then in particular that part to grow it over your shoulders,it feels like it is taking forever right?
    Well i now noticed after not experiencing any of this during my hairjourney that its back! But now in the form of growing to tailbone length..I feel like i will never get there
    its like its getting thinner everyday,my ends are so destroyed and im urging to trim, but i already had 2 trims this summer and if i'm gonna trim again,i can put my goal in the fridge until spring.and i already lost so much health and thickness this summer from coloring,but i quit that now.
    What would you do? just pamper it and leave it until 2012 and see what progress you get(solid tailbone) or just cut it off now and stay at hip (then for 1 year omg)?
    BCL right now w a thick hemline. Aiming for classic this year

Length
    12/33 WL/TB
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Default Re: annoying growth stages

I think I would put it up and not look at it again till 2012 and take it from there. If you're not happy with the ends by then, go for a trim but atleast by then you won't feel like you haven't made any progress.

It's not weird to be at one milestone for a year though. I was a year at MBL before my hemline was finally even and thick enough for me to consider growing it further.

Length
    MBL/TBL/CL
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii/iii

Honestly...:P
    I see nothing wrong with your hair.
    Perhaps stop being such a perfectionist

Whatever you do, it's definitely gonna get better at spring!
    And i love how your hair looks, and i think maybe smartest thing to do is...follow the original plan.. so trim only when u planned to, before the current 'frustrations' came up.
    As I understood, you want to grow to classic? then TBL is just a stop /milestone...Maybe you could maintain a bit there...its a beautiful length!

I have similar feelings though...
    The shedding and tangles starting this autumn, together with damage from summer...and despite 2 trims also, make me want to cut it off...WL or so...
    But then when DBF/some friends comment on it...or i see some random pictures, i realise it still looks good...but im thinking - not for long...if this shed/tangles rate continues..
    LadyArasinya, Protector of the Forest Heart Stag in the Order of the Long Haired Knights.

Length
    pixie/BSL/???
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/ii

I'm growing out a pixie.. my hair has been in an awkward stage ever since! That's 7 months for now and probably will be for another 6 months. I do intend to grow it out in 'style' and want a long bob, so no shaggy haircuts and mullets for me Otherwise it would be unbearable

Also, honestly? I can't understand why people with hair SOOOO LONG, still find their hair at an awkward stage? :s Awkward to me are mullets, flippy ends, shaggy haircuts etc. etc. Not trying to be rude here, but when people with really really long hair complain that their hair is in a annoying growth stage, I just want to roll my eyes I understand that you want to get there as soon as possible and that you're impatient and everything, but your hair really isn't TRULY in an annoying growth stage, right? It's just not the length you want it to be?
    Last edited by oktobergoud; October 24th, 2011 at 03:51 AM.

pixie. bob. chin length. shoulder. collarbone. APL. BSL. Waist?
    My hair journal! & My portfolio

Length
    Pixie/BSL/BSL
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by oktobergoud View Post
    I'm growing out a pixie.. my hair has been in an awkward stage ever since! That's 7 months for now and probably will be for another 6 months. I do intend to grow it out in 'style' and want a long bob, so no shaggy haircuts and mullets for me Otherwise it would be unbearable

Also, honestly? I can't understand why people with hair SOOOO LONG, still find their hair at an awkward stage? :s Awkward to me are mullets, flippy ends, shaggy haircuts etc. etc. Not trying to be rude here, but when people with really really long hair complain that their hair is in a annoying growth stage, I just want to roll my eyes I understand that you want to get there as soon as possible and that you're impatient and everything, but your hair really isn't TRULY in an annoying growth stage, right? It's just not the length you want it to be?

I'm with oktobergoud!
    To bra strap length, and beyond!
    *Pixie*Shag*Jaw*Shoulder*Collarbone*APLBSL

Length
    Bsl/41"/Knee
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/iii

haha omg..you girls are too funny..maybe i am a perfectionist when it comes to my hair, but it really feels akward to me.. if your ends are like 6 times as thin as the rest and used to grow really quick from goal to goal then it starts to feel like forever to get to the goal you really want to be at.. maybe i should just let it go and only shampoo and co and light oil..
    and remember i live in a country where long thick hair is the norm so i think you get highmaintenance from that :S

Length
    12/33 WL/TB
    Type
    1c/F/ii

I didn't know long hair was the norm in Israel. Guess I'll fit right in when I go there next summer haha

But really, try to decide for yourself what you find more important: length or hemline. If you're leaning towards length, protect it and let it grow till 2012 before you start maintenance on the hemline. If you're leaning towards hemline, go for a trim first.

Length
    Bsl/41"/Knee
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/iii

you will fit in perfectly maverick494.. enjoy the holy land and thanks for your advice:-)

Length
    12/33 WL/TB
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Avital88 View Post
    you will fit in perfectly maverick494.. enjoy the holy land and thanks for your advice:-)
    Thanks so much I hope my advice is useful. It's always hard to pick between length and hemline. I've struggled with it myself, especially at that stage where it seemed like I was never going to get past a milestone.

Length
    Bsl/41"/Knee
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/iii

yes i guess i will choose length over hemline for this winter at least