Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Orange juice rinse?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Type
    2a/F/i/ii

Default Orange juice rinse?

I'm very anxious to try a lemon juice rinse in my hair, but I don't have any lemons on hand and I happen to have an orange tree in my yard which is loaded with oranges. I'm thinking of trying a rinse with the orange juice instead of lemons. I looked it up on the web and saw a few mentions of orange juice being great for skin and hair. Anyone tried it?

Henndigo Conehead! mugglemomof3's Avatar
    Length
    19/27"/TB
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/i/ii

I'll be watching this thread with hope! I love using orange juice in my homemade cleaners and need to know if it would be good for my hair! I love oranges.
    Lady Alohomora of the Unfettered Sojurn in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Type
    2a/F/i/ii

I'm going to try it this afternoon, I'll let you know what happens. I figure one time can't kill me (or my hair, rather!)

I haven't tried it but I believe I've read of orange juice being used on hair before. Good luck, I'll be interested in your results.

ship me back to bahston Patrycja's Avatar
    Length
    Chin/BSL!!/Waist
    Type
    1c/2a/M/i/ii

I use sweet orange EO in some of my hair recipes as a added scent.That would be a great idea,to use fresh oranges as a rinse.Let us know how it goes if you do decide to do it.Oh-and lucky you for having a orange tree!! :P

eta-have you tried to search the forums for Orange Juice? I just did for baby food and came up with the answer I needed.
    Lady Lakshmi of the Endless Fortune in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Type
    2a/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by ilovemycop View Post
    I use sweet orange EO in some of my hair recipes as a added scent.That would be a great idea,to use fresh oranges as a rinse.Let us know how it goes if you do decide to do it.Oh-and lucky you for having a orange tree!! :P

eta-have you tried to search the forums for Orange Juice? I just did for baby food and came up with the answer I needed.
    I did try searching the forums and didn't come up with anything except a lot of orange eo's posts! And yeah, I am lucky with this orange tree, it is so loaded with oranges that we have oranges most of the year!

Obsessive Oilaholic ChloeDharma's Avatar
    Type
    1b/F/ii

I'm just wandering how you would do this....because in my mind i'm thinking sticky residue and wasps....but i'd love to know how it turns out.
    The heart would have no rainbow, had the eyes no tears.

Type
    2c/M/C/iii

I tried it ages ago when all the citric acid stuff was going around. I didn't feel that it did anything really.

In India they use Orange powder on their skin and hair, but it's different than just juice--it's powdered orange peel. I have a box, but have yet to try it.

Type
    2a/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by ChloeDharma View Post
    I'm just wandering how you would do this....because in my mind i'm thinking sticky residue and wasps....but i'd love to know how it turns out.
    Well, I was planning on squeezing and straining a couple of oranges, adding water and rinsing with it. Would do a final water rinse though, I have those same thoughts of sticky sweet hair.

Length
    13/37/32
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I'll be watching this thread. I just bought a bag of organic oranges that are very sour so nobody wanted to eat them. Maybe I can cook up hair concoctions.