Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When Hair Attacks: Your Tales of Pain

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default When Hair Attacks: Your Tales of Pain

I went to Canada to kayak & wore a dry suit. That's basically a waterproof jumpsuit with tight latex neck and wrist bands. It's not easy to put on & it's even harder to get off. It has a diagonal zipper that runs from one shoulder to the opposite hip, so it takes some yoga-style bending to get in and out.

I was wearing my hair in a French twist held by bent knitting needles, and when trying to take off the suit, the neck band got hung up on my updo. I was stuck with my head inside the suit, completely unable to free myself. I called for help & a friend came to my rescue. Little did I know that things were about to get worse.

She reached inside the neck hole &, before I knew what was happening, she firmly grasped my bun and yanked it with all her might.

I shrieked and pulled away from her. "That was my hair! What did I ever do to you?!" She was aghast, of course. In the meantime, I'm stumbling around with my head still inside this hot, heavy suit, totally blind.

At this point, it was obvious that something had to give, so I managed to stretch my hand up to my head & fumble around till I found the knitting needles & removed them. Once the twist was released, I was able to escape my suit & go about my life.

I can't any be the only one who's found herself (or himself) imprisoned by a bun, stick, fork, or stray tress. Or... can I?

Length
    3"/Thigh/Term
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

Default Re: When Hair Attacks: Your Tales of Pain

Yeowch!! Nope you're not alone! I was digging around in the closet once, and somehow a hanger got wrapped into my braid! I had to unbraid my hair while bent over in the closet to free myself, very awkward and uncomfortable.

I've never managed to figure out how that happened... I mean, that hanger was braided into my hair!
    Proud puny-bunned stealth longhair.

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    bald/Hip:)/termi
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii

These sound like nightmarish stories! I think the most my hair ever got me stuck was when i was laying down on my bed and i trying getting up but my hair was under me so i got yanked back into bed and my neck hurt from it. I had to get off the bed in an odd position in order to free myself from that :P
    Last edited by gthlvrmx; September 7th, 2014 at 01:20 PM.

Length
    24/31/37
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Auwtch!!

I'm always scared for zippers when I wear my hair down. Not the first time my hair got caught in a zipper. Auwtch auwtch. And like gthlvrmx said, that happens to me quite a lot as well!

Length
    APL/HIP/TERM
    Type
    3a/3b/M/iii

Not alone! While my story isn't quite that horrifying, my hair has gotten caught in a seat belt - the part that the actual seat belt gets sucked into. I don't know what it's called, obviously xD I sat there for quite some time rescuing one hair at a time. Needless to say, I don't wear my hair down while in the car anymore.

SL/WL/HIP/BCL/TBL/CL+
    My journey from chemical damage to virgin hair.
    No trim 2014/Benign Neglect/Vegan Care.

Length
    MBL/Waist/Long
    Type
    1c/F/ii/iii

Kayaking in Canada <3 I've gone kayaking in Nanoose Bay a few times when there on vacation, it made me fall in love with kayaking. And Canada. I'd move there in a heartbeat if it wasn't, you know, really far away from my family.

I've gotten my hair stuck in sweatshirts while putting them on/taking them off - hairsticks aren't exactly clothes-friendly.

Waist ~ Hip ~ TBL ~ Classic ~ Knee

Length
    20/26/32
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

Ouch! That must have hurt. My hair hasn't really attacked me. It's the objects in my life. I have these dining chairs that I inherited. Lovely. But they easily catch one or two hairs in the back and then slowly yanks them out. No big loss, but oww if I forget to move my hair out of the way getting up.

I had real pain from a Flexi-8. I did a LWB that I held with a really pretty Flexi. Then I went on a not hugely scary scary fair ground ride with my small daughter. The movement caused my fine hair to sort of un-bun and sag in such a way that the Flexi really hung, entangled, with all its weight, not distributed, off a little bit of hair. The pain was awesome. Sectioned braided bun a la Madora for such outings now!

Length
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Gertrude View Post
    The pain was awesome.
    I'm chuckling a little and confused. The pain was "awesome"? Well if you like pain maybe.

Length
    20/26/32
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by gthlvrmx View Post
    I'm chuckling a little and confused. The pain was "awesome"? Well if you like pain maybe.
    Separated by common language (-; Glad it made you chuckle. Awesome as in awe of, awesome proportions, as in much worse than expected. Awesome! as in terrific across the pond I had forgotten about until you mentioned that. Which made me chuckle too.

Thanks, for everyone may I say that pain just hurts me. It's not fun..........I am at great pains to point this out (-: It pains me to have given the wrong impression too.

Length
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Gertrude View Post
    Separated by common language (-; Glad it made you chuckle. Awesome as in awe of, awesome proportions, as in much worse than expected. Awesome! as in terrific across the pond I had forgotten about until you mentioned that. Which made me chuckle too.

Thanks, for everyone may I say that pain just hurts me. It's not fun..........I am at great pains to point this out (-: It pains me to have given the wrong impression too.
    Ah ok thanks for the explanation I was like, what?! It must have been a gnarly moment.