View Poll Results: How do you dry your curly/wavy hair?

Voters
106. You may not vote on this poll
  • air dry down after combing/brushing

26 24.53%
  • air dry without combing/brushing

59 55.66%
  • blowdry

5 4.72%
  • damp bun or braid

16 15.09%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How do you dry your Curly/Wavy hair?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Length
    22.5/25.25/??
    Type
    2b/M/C/ii/iii

Default How do you dry your Curly/Wavy hair?

It seems that curly, wavy and hair that has texture can be difficult to dry. I've been experimenty with the CG method and letting it airdry without combing it and lots of conditioners and gels(sulfate/cone free). I am just wondering what other ways curlies dry their hair? Do you air dry, blowdry, damp bun/braid,I really want to know your methods of drying and if you could explain in the comments with your hair type and how often you wash that would be great! What are your methods to achieve your desired look? What is your desired look and why?

Length
    28/CL+/???
    Type
    2b/F/M/ii

Default Re: How do you dry your Curly/Wavy hair?

My hair when brushed right after washing looks freezy, fluffy and unmanagable. My curls and waves die right away if I brush it wet. I always let my hair air dry, but now I do not brush or comb or touch my hair in any way untill it is fully dry! My desired look.. hmm... I just want to it not be freezy and fluffy for the first after washing day I wash my hair once per week, before each wash I make a coconut oil treatmet over night and getting some amazing results so far.

Length
    22.5/25.25/??
    Type
    2b/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by StellaKatherine View Post
    My hair when brushed right after washing looks freezy, fluffy and unmanagable. My curls and waves die right away if I brush it wet. I always let my hair air dry, but now I do not brush or comb or touch my hair in any way untill it is fully dry! My desired look.. hmm... I just want to it not be freezy and fluffy for the first after washing day I wash my hair once per week, before each wash I make a coconut oil treatmet over night and getting some amazing results so far.
    Your hair looks so pretty and shiny! I wish I could wait a week to wash my hair! What kind of washing method do you use?

Length
    28/CL+/???
    Type
    2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Sparklylady82 View Post
    Your hair looks so pretty and shiny! I wish I could wait a week to wash my hair! What kind of washing method do you use?
    Thank you I was before conditioning first, then shampoo only my roots and then conditioning the lenght once again. But last time I tried shampoo and then conditioning twice.

Length
    bald/pixie/waist
    Type
    2c/F/ii

I plop it in a t-shirt or thin towel for about 20 or 30 minutes to soak up some excess water and set my waves. Then I take it down and just let it dry like that. I don't comb when wet -- my hair's too fine for that. It also tends to take out my waves a bit.

I wash about twice a week. I like to have nice, defined waves. Most of my hair is S-waves, but I have a couple loose ringlets here and there, mostly towards the front. I use a little extra conditioning in those areas to actually make them a bit heavier and more uniform compared to the rest of my hair. Since the front tends to be drier as well, it's better for it anyway.
    Last edited by lilin; July 4th, 2014 at 06:57 PM.

Length
    22.5/25.25/??
    Type
    2b/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by lilin View Post
    I plop it in a t-shirt or thin towel for about 20 or 30 minutes to soak up some excess water and set my waves. Then I take it down and just let it dry like that. I don't comb when wet -- my hair's too fine for that. It also tends to take out my waves a bit.

I wash about twice a week. I like to have nice, defined waves. Most of my hair is S-waves, but I have a couple loose ringlets here and there, mostly towards the front. I use a little extra conditioning in those areas to actually make them a bit heavier and more uniform compared to the rest of my hair. Since the front tends to be drier as well, it's better for it anyway.
    Thank you for sharing! What kind of washing method do you use?

Length
    bald/pixie/waist
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Sparklylady82 View Post
    Thank you for sharing! What kind of washing method do you use?
    Well, I've been using shampoo bars and vinegar rinse for a long time, but now I'm experimenting again with stuff! As my hair is getting longer, I am finding the ends need more and more attention, so I'm looking at stuff that's a little less drying and more pH balanced. Currently trying to figure out shikakai, though I haven't gotten it working quite right for me yet.

Length
    TWA/APL/THIGH
    Type
    3c/F/M/iii

I have no choice. Either I let my hair air dry in braids or I let all of the detangling that I just did in the shower go to complete hell.

Length
    waist/BSL+/...?
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

I always brush after my shower to get my coconut oil and leave in spray distributed. I try to finger comb after that to speed up the drying time. I always get what looks like braid waves (without braiding) despite brushing and finger combing, so I expect my hair could be potentially wavier than my avatar reflects. I know I could do a hair typing pic with no conditioner and no brushing or otherwise manipulating, but I wouldn't want the tangles I would get, and it wouldn't reflect the reality of the hair I walk around with every day. I just type my hair by the results I get from my chosen method and it's good enough for me.
    Last edited by woodswanderer; July 4th, 2014 at 10:57 PM.

Summer of 2017...after "The Chop."

Length
    22.5/25.25/??
    Type
    2b/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by woodswanderer View Post
    I always brush after my shower to get my coconut oil and leave in spray distributed. I try to finger comb after that to speed up the drying time. I always get what looks like braid waves (without braiding) despite brushing and finger combing, so I expect my hair could be potentially wavier than my avatar reflects. I know I could do a hair typing pic with no conditioner and no brushing or otherwise manipulating, but I wouldn't want the tangles I would get, and it wouldn't reflect the reality of the hair I walk around with every day. I just type my hair by the results I get from my chosen method and it's good enough for me.
    Your hair looks nice and shiny too! What kind of washing method do you use?