Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wooden Hairbrushes!

Default Wooden Hairbrushes!

Have any of you tried wooden hairbrushes? I used to use standard plastic/pin brushes and always experienced awful breakage and difficulty in detangling. I switched to a bamboo hairbrush about 7 years ago and have found that not only does my hair break less, but there's far less shed, and it glides through my hair easily.

Length
    ?/55"/44"
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Wooden Hairbrushes!

I gave up molded plastic combs and brushes and use mostly wooden or BB hairbrushes (I do have a beloved Phillips #11 with polished steel pins and it feels amazing and doesn’t seem to cause any extra breakage or fall) and wooden or horn combs, and cellulose acetate hand cut and polished combs for wet hair. I have noticed a lot less breakage and frizz. I do use a WetBrush on badly tangled hair, so between those and the acetate combs I’m not entirely plastic free, but they don’t seem to cause any breakage for me.

Length
    MBL/33 in/HL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/i/ii

The first wooden brush I tried wasn't so great so I wasn't convinced, but I've bought a new one and I love it! It doesn't cause breakage, and the smell is amazing. I love brushing my hair just for it!
    I also have a boar bristles brush and a horn comb. The horn comb work so great on my hair. It take more time to comb my hair tho, so I prefer the wooden brush.

Length
    waist/TB/long

I have a WIDU wooden bristles brush and LOVE it!

Length
    27.5"/41"/41"
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/iii

I had a cheap one from Amazon but the pins broke in a year or less. Just got a tek brush a few months ago and I love it. Planning to get a larger one with longer pins next honestly!
    I woke up like this (brushing the top of my calves somehow??)

Length
    Chin/BCL/CL

I only use wooden brushes and combs these days. The ones I currenly own are made of ash.
    Lady Moon of the forests of wonderland, in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights
    🧜On instagram: yareach_lhc

Length
    Chin/MBL/FTL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

I saw Tek brushes when I was lurking the forum years ago, and I never looked back. I have a big one for my house and a mini one for my purse.

Length
    Waist/Thigh/Term
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

I haven't really used my bamboo brush since I got my horn comb, but it was definitely better for my hair than my plastic-studded metal brush and helped me stretch my washes a little longer. The downside is maintenance because that thing is a lint magnet! ... although I suppose it's better to get the lint out of the hair
    The only reason I switched away from the bamboo brush is that I feel like I'm more patient when wielding a comb, and in that way it is gentler on my hair. Plus it's so satisfying when you get to that point where the comb just runs smoothly through the entire length of hair

Quote Originally Posted by FaeBroom View Post
    I saw Tek brushes when I was lurking the forum years ago, and I never looked back. I have a big one for my house and a mini one for my purse.
    I just ordered the large paddle brush, a wide tooth comb, and then the small set for my bag. Can't wait for them to arrive - I have high expectations.

I had bought some wooden ones on Amazon but I'm not sure they were well-sanded.

I hope these Tek ones work out... they are made of ash.

Length
    TBL/37/MTL
    Type
    2b/F/ii

How long do wooden brushes last if they are washed regularly (for example once a month)?