Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How much "back up" to keep on hand for hair?

Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Question How much "back up" to keep on hand for hair?

I ask this because I thought I was so clever this morning with my lovely new hairstick style (a variation of the stick knot), but then when I got to work it started loosening up and I'm pretty sure it's because my stick is not long enough. Of course I don't have another one in my handbag and I'm wishing now that I'd brought a "back up" stick with me.

What do you keep in your handbag/car for hair emergencies? All I have is a soft hairtie and some bobby pins, but I'm thinking I'll add a hairstick and maybe a horn comb....

LHC member for 17 years and ALWAYS learning!.....♥ Currently growing out silver again

Length
    23/32/floor
    Type
    2c/C/ii/iii

I carry a couple waveLength u pins, a wooden stick, a horn comb and a Buff. Basically stuff that can be stuffed into my backpack and not break. I've used them all at one time or another.
    LilyMunster
    Lady LilyMomster, Guardian of SpunSilver, Ever Creating Beauty from Chaos -Member of the Renegray Gang-

Length
    15"?/32.5"/tb
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

I keep a couple of hair ties in my pocket and usually my 4" Quattro helix fork as well, since that can stand up to a beating in my pocket and holds no matter what.

BeyondClassic Webmistress Cinnamon Hair's Avatar
    Type
    1c/M/ii/iii

Good idea for a post! I keep a seamless comb with a satin scrunchie wrapped around it in my car glove box and a cheapy fakkare plastic beak clip. Nothing for hair in my purse though unless I'm wearing it down (not likely).

I attempt to keep a few hair bands and some kind of clip (usually a flexi- or a chopstick on hand but what usually happens is I go "What's in my bag?" then pull something out, use it, take it out later and leave it lying around the house. Generally I find it's the hairbands I misplace the most; I put them on my wrist and then take them off if later.

ship me back to bahston Patrycja's Avatar
    Length
    Chin/BSL!!/Waist
    Type
    1c/2a/M/i/ii

Sunci Ouchless Hairbands(black).

No matter what,I can always go back to a ponytail LOL
    Lady Lakshmi of the Endless Fortune in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Type
    1b/M/ii

I wear my hair down a lot so I have a brush in my car, and usually I'll keep a fork or a hair tie in my back pocket.

I did then what I knew how to do. When I knew better, I did better. Maya Angelou

Type
    1b/F/ii

In my purse I keep a soft elastic, a smooth comb, a bent double pointed knitting needle and usually also a Ficcare, my silver matte or black Ficcarissimo go with most things I wear.

Length
    14/37/??
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

I have a small comb and a ficcare in the back pocket of my school bag. I should add a couple of eastics.

Length
    27ish/CICTH/clssc
    Type
    2a/M/C/iii

Lets see, I typically keep at least two or three sticks of various colors in my purse, so that I'll have something to match whatever I'm wearing, and when I go out, I tuck my brush in the back pocket of my purse just in case. I've almost always got a scrunchie on at least one wrist, often both... I think that covers it.

I've also got a stick by the stove in the kitchen, and one by the computer, and one in the bathroom, since I'm too lazy to hunt one down when I need to clean the cat box or cook, etc.
    99% Dye free!
    Official hair-idiot of Measuringtown...
    avatar is Belle of Bonaventure, by Jasmine Becket-Griffith.