Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you feel more attractive at certain hair lengths?

Length
    Chin/25/Hip
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Default Do you feel more attractive at certain hair lengths?

So do any of you find yourselves more attractive with your hair at a certain length? I find myself to be attractive when my hair was shorter like when I started growing it out and I could still make it look nice with product. Then I HATED flip length and felt I was an ugly duckling. Now at APL I'm finally starting to feel better, especially since my layers behave. But I still feel like I will be happier with my appearance once I reach my longer goals.

Anyone else feel like this?
    Last edited by monsterna; June 25th, 2011 at 12:06 AM.

Lady Samhain of the Pumpkin Hollow in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights

Length
    SL+/MBL/Hip
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Default Re: Do you feel more attractive at certain hair lengths?

Yes. I feel extremely unattractive with anything above shoulder. APL is really the shortest I feel good with. Though, I always thought I'd look great with an inverted bob, but I think the novelty of that would wear off fast and if I had that hair style I'd def be straightening it every day.

I feel sexiest with hair below BSL, but these days I am toying with the the idea of a chop back to BSL, maybe even with shorter layers. I have about three inches of damage and the longer my hair gets the worse the damage looks. I wonder if I might feel sexier with healthy, one texture hair. But then again, cutting the damage requires getting layers and the flip of layers sometimes drives me mad.

ETA: and the cut would mean losing a half years growth which would be sad

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    APL/APL/trmnl
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Yes omg I feel so ugly with short hair pixies are cute on me, but everything between pixie and APL is so blah. I think I have to have hair long enough to braid and tie in knots and put in a long ponytail to feel beautiful. There is a reason women have always taken so much pride in their hair throughout history.. it's beautiful!

Length
    27/33/thigh
    Type
    1a/1b/M/iii

Whenever I picture myself with longer hair (mid-thigh pulled into a Japanese ponytail at about classic) I feel like I look soooooooo much more feminine and graceful.

Which is weird because my figure/features are pretty much 100% estrogentastic.

Eh, we all have our hangups!
    Curious to know about Islam? Let me know!
    :shoulder::brastrap::midback::waist::hip::bcl::tailbone::classic:: thigh!

Length
    20"/MBL/?
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/iii

I feel so much more attractive at BSL than I did two weeks ago at TBL. I feel more stylish and sexy, all that hair was weighing me down.

busy beegan ~ ( , ) ~ Annibelle's Avatar
    Length
    WL/APL/HL
    Type
    2b/F/ii

I look adorable with shoulder-length hair (my ends naturally flip under at that length) with side-swept bangs. (My best friend/cousin currently has this style and it looks just as cute on her, though her hair is stick-straight). One drawback is that the style makes me look much younger-- and I currently get mistaken for 16 all the time. I haven't been shoulder-length in about five years, partially because DH loves super long hair on women and I really want to have it so mine will be his favorite. He already loves my texture, color, etc. best, but I want it to be his ideal length, too. He hasn't told me which length is his favorite (maybe it depends on the person), but I'm sure he will when I get there. I also have always wanted to try cute updos, which can look beautiful, elaborate, and age me a little bit so I look more like I'm 19 than 16... haha.

I'd kind of like to be shoulder-length again at some point in my life, but I'm loving longer hair far too much right now to chop! And I'm VERY excited to get to hip! At this point, I don't really care whether or not long hair looks good on me. I don't think it looks as good as shoulder on me, but I don't want short hair and I don't want layers in my hair (I'm trying to get a blunt hemline... I really want perfectly smooth braids!).

Are any of you growing longer than what you know looks best on you?

The longer my hair is the more attractive I feel. I liked it short, it was really fun, but I didn't feel attractive in a sexy way the way I do with long hair.

Length
    20.5/27.5/30
    Type
    1a/1b/M/iii

I haven't been shoulder-length in about five years, partially because DH loves super long hair on women and I really want to have it so mine will be his favorite.
    @Annibelle I feel similar. Having my hair cut to shoulder last year, all one length, blunt hemline- my DBF said if I had it that length again I needed to have some shape to it and he hated my fringe (even though most people say my fringe is cute) and I felt really bad about my hair. Starting to get more confident at APL but I'm looking forward to BSL, and DBF likes it.
    Last edited by lorelai2012; June 25th, 2011 at 02:38 AM.
    Shoulder >>APL >> BSL >> Mid Back

Technicolour Pug Lover pink.sara's Avatar
    Length
    42/26/36
    Type
    1a/1b/F/iii

Definitely. Super short was edgy and quite cool but I tend to feel more glamorous and somehow more womanly at about BSL!
    I don't know why but I tend to lose that feeling once I get past waist as at TB and Hip people don't compliment so nicely anymore, they just stared and said things like 'wow you have long hair' or 'god that's thick, is it heavy' and I feel a bit like a novelty!

Brand New Redhead

Length
    Pixie/31/36
    Type
    1b/M/C/iii

When I cut my hair to roughly shoulder length about a year ago, I didn't feel as happy about the way my hair looked, especially when wearing it up! It sort of looked like a small blob when it was up. Now I'm at BSL and inching toward waist, I feel far happier about it up or down!