Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Henna gloss bars

Length
    BSL/Hip/?
    Type
    3c/4a/M/ii/iii

Default Henna gloss bars

I've come across these DIY gloss bar recipes and wanted to know if anyone else heard of them or tried them out before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Oe3zYceb-A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzmOUmk6OMw

I just usually mix mine up, use some and put the rest in a freezer bag until I need it.
    Kay , BSL > MBL > Waist > Hip

Length
    Pixie/2"/36"
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Default Re: Henna gloss bars

Looks like it would be a greasy, hard to wash out mess.When doing a gloss, I just mix up some prepared henna mud with a silicone free conditioner. Add shiny, a touch of color and is easy to rinse.

Length
    BSL/Hip/?
    Type
    3c/4a/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    Looks like it would be a greasy, hard to wash out mess.When doing a gloss, I just mix up some prepared henna mud with a silicone free conditioner. Add shiny, a touch of color and is easy to rinse.
    They do use a lot of oil. I put coconut milk, henna and sometimes add amla, that's it for my gloss.

Oh my goodness, Iwas just thinking this the other day. I have henna ffrom when I first started and its ok compared to what I am using now and thought about making these I was thinking of just using some shea and avocado oil and make a tiny batch and see how it goes. Shouldn't be that bad, when it comes to may make hair oily BUT some people add oil to there henna mix and use conditioner to rinse it out. This may be ideal for curly hair.
    "You're never too old to be young"- Snow White

Length
    BSL/Hip/?
    Type
    3c/4a/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by reilly0167 View Post
    Oh my goodness, Iwas just thinking this the other day. I have henna ffrom when I first started and its ok compared to what I am using now and thought about making these I was thinking of just using some shea and avocado oil and make a tiny batch and see how it goes. Shouldn't be that bad, when it comes to may make hair oily BUT some people add oil to there henna mix and use conditioner to rinse it out. This may be ideal for curly hair.
    I don't use conditioner at all just DIY hair masks and certainly not for washing henna out. I think the rose moulded ones look pretty but I'm happy with my henna coconut milk glosses.

Length
    Chin/WL/?
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

I did use oil in my henna several times. And I used coditioner in the mix as well. It all worked out fine, you can see the color roughly in my avatar, it never affected the stain, it alwas looked nice and moisturized afterwards.

[QUOTE=Hairkay;3456241]I don't use conditioner at all just DIY hair masks and certainly not for washing henna out. I think the rose moulded ones look pretty but I'm happy with my henna coconut milk glosses.[/QUOTE
    They do look pretty, I did henna and coconut milk a few times and love it as well

I was cleaning out my closet the other day and I found some henna that I wasn't impressed with ( back when i first started with henna) anywho I don't like wasting money and throw it out, I made a batch of gloss bars.

Length
    BSL/Hip/?
    Type
    3c/4a/M/ii/iii

I was cleaning out my closet the other day and I found some henna that I wasn't impressed with ( back when i first started with henna) anywho I don't like wasting money and throw it out, I made a batch of gloss bars.
    Good for you. Did you have any creative moulds or the plain cube ones?

Quote Originally Posted by Hairkay View Post
    Good for you. Did you have any creative moulds or the plain cube ones?
    No, i wish, i used a cupcake baking tray. They look like giant Reese's peanut butter cups, teehee.