Thread: Accidentally thawed and refrozen Henna

Length
    0"/37"/42"
    Type
    1a/F/M/ii

Default Accidentally thawed and refrozen Henna

Is it good for anything?
    I have 2 ziploc bags of mixed/dye released Dark of the Moon Henna that I had been saving in my freezer for root touch ups. When my DH was looking for a baggie of beef, he left one of my henna bags on the counter by mistake. I found it completely thawed about 12 hours later and re froze it. The bag was never opened.

So, would is still deposit any colour since it was thawed but not exposed to air?
    Even if the colour is shot, can I still use it to condition my hair? Would it maybe be good mixed up as a gloss?

Thanks!

Type
    1b/F/ii

Default Re: Accidentally thawed and refrozen Henna

If it was thawed but still relatively cold it probably didn't lose much. Just dab a bit on your palm for a minute; if you get an orange stain it is still able to dye your hair.

If the dye is weak you can still use it for a gloss or for conditioning, though you'll probably find the conditioning weakens as the dye weakens.
    My plant dye strand tests - Henna, cassia, indigo, buxus on mohair: http://www.flickr.com/photos/3933575...7619485710101/

Length
    BUZZ/APL/???
    Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

I have used henna that was re-frozen from full thaw, and I didn't notice any massive difference in the color I achieved. I have since stopped mixing up big batches of henna and freezing the extra, preferring instead to mix up a batch just big enough for my monthly touchup. I'm lazy
    F/ii/goodbye henna!

compulsive stuff-maker walterSCAN's Avatar
    Length
    15"/~TBL/FTL
    Type
    1a/F/ii

My refrigerator/ freezer broke back in early autumn, and my last frozen henna package ended up thawing in the 4 days (!!!) it took for my landlord to replace it. I ended up just placing it back in the freezer and used it maybe 2-3 weeks later. I didn't notice any dye demise or lack of coloring-- the color on my hair was about the same, if not a little deeper-- and it had to sit out for a LONG time before I got a freezer back.

I've come to the conclusion that good quality henna is very resilient stuff!

(hennahead)

❀☾ⓟᵃᵑᵈᵒᴿᵃ ℒᵒᵑᶢᶩᵒᶜᵏᶳ☽❁ princessp's Avatar
    Length
    27"/39"/42"
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

I have done this before and it was fine. What happened to me was I had originally filled a root touch up container with too much henna. So I thawed the whole thing, used what I needed, then refroze the rest. It worked fine next root touch up.
    Last edited by princessp; February 5th, 2011 at 11:13 AM. Reason: clarity
    Pandora LongLocks of the Forbidden Treasure in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

It should be fine. U can refreeze henna several times ... I have no problems with that. Henna is very very tough to destroy.

Length
    21/32.25/38
    Type
    1b/M/ii

I have never had any affects with my henna defrosted and refroze. I have been freezing and thawing my henna for yrs now.. Just think the stain get better LOL
    Lady Abnoba, Protectress of the Glades and Springs in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    0"/37"/42"
    Type
    1a/F/M/ii

I'd completely forgotten I started this thread! I lost the henna in my freezer for a while and only dug it out last month. It still left a stain on my palm when I thawed it and coloured my hair beautifully
    Henna head, reaching for the stars and aiming for my toes... Recently reached hip length, how much longer will it go??