Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How long is "long"?

Length
    14"/29"/30"
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Default How long is "long"?

We each have a different idea of what is "long". Not for judging others, but to satisfy our own length goals.
    What do you LHCers consider the length you must pass before your hair is "long"?

My hair has grown five inches since May and I am within sight (maybe another 8 months) of my waist length goal. I don't really feel like it is "long" yet but the comments are beginning. My friends don't really like long hair for some reason. "I really like your hair this length. I don't think you should grow it out anymore." -when it was a few inches shorter. "Your hair is beautiful and healthy but it just looks sort of old fashioned." -when it was longer than it is now. Obviously, I'm not paying much attention to their opinions.

My husband and my father both love my hair long. I feel more like myself with my hair long. But what is long? My hair is BSL but not "long" in my opinion. I need it to be just above the waist before I would consider my hair long. Maybe about 30"?

I look at other women and feel it depends on their frame. Some women's hair seems long to me when it is just below their shoulders but others' might not seem that long when it is well below their bra strap. What do you all think?

Length
    SL/BSL/???
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

Default Re: How long is "long"?

My hair is starting to feel long again at just above BSL. I had shoulder length/APL for around 6 years before I decided to grow it. When it gets past BSL, I'm sure it'll feel long because I've never had hair that length before.
    between the click of the light and the start of the dream
    Cursing my long torso all the way to BSL!
    SL - APL - BSL - WL - TBL - CL - KNEE???

Type
    2b/M/iii

Long to me would be classic length.

Length
    bsl/elbow/n/a
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Long is when I can English braid my hair and not have bits fall out. Too long is when I can't put my hair up and be comfortable because it's still getting in the way.

Length
    mbl/waist/tbl
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

My hair is past bsl,mbl,but my hair still feals short.I guess when I reach waist I think I will feal that I have finaly long hair!

Length
    Bsl/41"/Knee
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/iii

Long for me would be between hip and tailbone with a thick hemline
    BCL right now w a thick hemline. Aiming for classic this year

Length
    Bsl/41"/Knee
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by aggie_deirde View Post
    My hair is past bsl,mbl,but my hair still feals short.I guess when I reach waist I think I will feal that I have finaly long hair!
    And then hip will get in your mind haha i always felt the same: when i reach waist i feel like i have long hair. Well not, the goal changes faster than my hair grows
    BCL right now w a thick hemline. Aiming for classic this year

Length
    ?/50/50
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

I consider someone's hair long when it is at least hip length. On myself, fingertip length seems to be still too short.
    http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=4250&attachmentid=1969

Length
    ~Calf/Pixie/?
    Type
    1b/F/ii

For me, "long" is waist+ for women, as that's when it gets rare around here (and, also, isn't mainstream-fashion). So, mine is long, it's just not long enough. :P

Length
    14"/29"/30"
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Avital88 View Post
    And then hip will get in your mind haha i always felt the same: when i reach waist i feel like i have long hair. Well not, the goal changes faster than my hair grows
    It is interesting that you say that, Avital88, I have maintained just above waist length for long periods of time and then get bored with it. Then I cut it too my chin and start all over.
    That was before finding this forum. I never really thought about taking my hair any longer. Now I see so many more possibilities. You might be right. I might get to waist length and no longer be satisfied.