Thread: Mysterious curls

Default Mysterious curls

About 6 months after i started CO i started getting curls and waves. They did need some effort to stay curly when dry but they were very beautiful. I'd say they were 2C with waves and spiral curls, both big and tiny. I was then around APL lenght and dyeing my hair. They mysteriously disappeared a few months later and they never came back! I have since cut my hair and grown out to almost virgin and i am hoping and wishing for my curls to return with lenght!

But i am wondering if someone else experienced something like this? One day, they were just gone! No changes to hair care or weather.

Queen of Apathy HairColoredHair's Avatar
    Length
    short/knee/???
    Type
    1a/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Mysterious curls

I wonder if the dyeing dried out your hair or changed the structure of the hair too much for them?

Admittedly, many people experience changes in their hair over their lifetime, but overnight seems a bit extreme.
    Fav Products: Honey and Horn Combs! Current Length: Just above knee (a 'little' trim)
    Goal: Uh... Moo!

The thing is that they looked great just after my last dye, and then i had that lenght for a few months without any dye at all and the curls were gone. I had to take *so* well care of my curls, i never used to style my hair before they showed up! I really miss them.

Type
    3b/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Lunami View Post
    I really miss them.

I'd gladly loan you some if I could!

I'm just not ready to be a Renegray yet!
    Avatar credit to the lovely milagro

Account Closed by Member Request

curls above all need moisture to be at their best. My curl care has everything to do with keeping my hair from getting too dry.

TrudieCat

There is another member here who said her hair got much wavier when she was dying it, and that it went back to a straighter texture when she stopped dying it. Could be the effects of the dye, maybe?