Thread: Soapnut shampoo

Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Default Soapnut shampoo

Dear everyone!

I used to try soapnuts as shampoo.
    I made a weaker dilution than Mellie,and then went on and experiment with stronger dilutions(still not as strong ones as Mellie's).
    For some reason it didn't work...my hair was dry and covered with this weird sticky coating...I think many of you out there had the same experience.

So after some trial and error I just thought I won't get anywhere with drying out my hair...so stopped experimenting,and went back to my shampoo.

Since then I have about 500grms of soapnuts sitting on my shelf,because I don't want to use them up way too quickly for doing the laundry,or anything like that(they were expensive ha!)

So this time I thought I'd give them another try...maybe the problem was my dilution...
    This time I made a very very weak dilution.

I put 1 shell in one cup of very hot water,and let it cool down(2 hours maybe?)
    And then used it as always,washed my hair with it,then condition.The soapnut liquid had a very faint smell,and a very light yellow colour(like catnip tea,or not even that dark)
    And I have to tell,it seems like this dilution works great!

I'm not sure it's cleansing enough this way,I'll have to see how often I need to wash my hair with this dilution so i'll be able to tell it in a few weeks..

Just wanted to tell: if you had the coating problem as I did, go on,and try to make the dilution weaker than you have ever had,and give it a go!

I'll keep you updated about how it goes on the long run...

Length
    d.n.a/neck/mo'h.
    Type
    1b/M/i

Default Re: Soapnut shampoo

Quote Originally Posted by Lile View Post

Since then I have about 500grms of soapnuts sitting on my shelf,because I don't want to use them up way too quickly for doing the laundry,or anything like that(they were expensive ha!)
    Hi,
    I use the soapnut powder I have left as a hand wash. You need a tiny amount to make a foam, doesn't dry out hands most soaps.
    One shell to one cup of water - cheers to that!