Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Conditioner substitute- need help!

Length
    22/34/term
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/iii

Question Conditioner substitute- need help!

Ok So I need help! I love love love my Burt Bee's More Moisture Brazil Nut and Raspberry Conditioner. I hate the price. For 12 oz, I pay 7.99 plus tax in my area. I can easily go through 2 of these in a week or so. I want something that would work as a good stand in. Anyone have any suggestions? I listing the ingredients for everyone, to me it seems that my hair really likes the different oils that are included- quite a few! I also use a little bit as a leave in. .

Ingredients Water , Centrimonium Bromide & Cetearyl Alcohol - Coconut Oil Emulsifier , Sucrose Ester - Natural Sugar Ester , Vegetable Protein , Wheat Protein , Betaine - Sugar Beet , Vegetable Glycerin , Honey , Marula Oil , Glucose - Sugar , Brazil Nut Oil , Raspberry Extract , Bergamot Oil , Orange Oil , Eucalyptus Oil , Fennel Seed Oil , Strawberry Extract , Mandarin Petitgrain Oil , Litsea Cubeba Oil , Vanillin Oil , Davana Oil , Polysorbate 60 - Sugar Emulsifier , Fragrance , Glucose Oxidase & Lactoperoxidase - Natural Preservative
    My Photo Journal like books?-- see my journal!
    I am lady Athena, keeper of wisdom, in the order of the long haired knights!

Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Default Re: Conditioner substitute- need help!

Possibly stupid question here, but why on earth are you going through 2 bottles a week??

Length
    22/34/term
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by OhioLisa View Post
    Possibly stupid question here, but why on earth are you going through 2 bottles a week??
    I go through about 2 bottles maybe closer to two weeks. . I dunno it seems to vary a lot. I have really thick hair?

Length
    22/34/term
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/iii

I also meant to say that while I like Raspberry I am not crazy about the smell either. .

Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Try COing with a cheaper condish, then just using the BB as a second conditioner or as a leave-in. Not many people use the pricey stuff for CO. VO5, Suave, or Cure Care are some cheap, light condishes perfect for CO.

Length
    15"/22"/long!
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

i used to like the burt's bees grapefruit conditioner for CO washing.
    but then when clorox bought burt's bees - it kind of made me feel weird to buy from them anymore.

if you want something cheaper and don't care if it has chemicals in it or is tested on animals - try suave tropical coconut. it is the only cheap conditioner that works for me and i'm not allergic to. but if you can use white rain they also make a tropical coconut and it is NOT tested on animals.

good luck

btw - i was sensitive to all the flavors of burt's bees EXCEPT for the grapefruit - go figure! and my bf said the raspberry one smelled like vomit - LOL
    rats spelled backwards spells star

Length
    22/34/term
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by OhioLisa View Post
    Try COing with a cheaper condish, then just using the BB as a second conditioner or as a leave-in. Not many people use the pricey stuff for CO. VO5, Suave, or Cure Care are some cheap, light condishes perfect for CO.
    Yes, I've been using Passion fruit smoothie a lot. . I just love the Burt Bee's so much. . I've noticed actually, a lot of my local shops have stopped carrying VO5 and I seem to be allergic to a lot of the Suave. What is Cure Care?

Length
    22/34/term
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by ratgirldjh View Post
    i used to like the burt's bees grapefruit conditioner for CO washing.
    but then when clorox bought burt's bees - it kind of made me feel weird to buy from them anymore.

if you want something cheaper and don't care if it has chemicals in it or is tested on animals - try suave tropical coconut. it is the only cheap conditioner that works for me and i'm not allergic to. but if you can use white rain they also make a tropical coconut and it is NOT tested on animals.

good luck

btw - i was sensitive to all the flavors of burt's bees EXCEPT for the grapefruit - go figure! and my bf said the raspberry one smelled like vomit - LOL
    The Raspberry is very strong smelling IMO.

Length
    Chin/Apl+/Hip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I don't like the smells of Burt's bees products. I tried the sugar beet one and yuk.. since you allergic to suave I have no idea what to tell you. Do the store carry any other 1$ condish? Dollar store typically carries Vo5
    Last edited by lora410; March 16th, 2009 at 04:56 PM.
    Starting over current length: APL+.. GOAL: BACK TO HIP

Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by marajade View Post
    Yes, I've been using Passion fruit smoothie a lot. . I just love the Burt Bee's so much. . I've noticed actually, a lot of my local shops have stopped carrying VO5 and I seem to be allergic to a lot of the Suave. What is Cure Care?
    Cure Care is a great conditioner you can get at Sally Beauty Supply. It only has something like 5 ingredients, no dyes, no fragrance, and it's cheap.