Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How long does it take you to wash your hair?

Length
    10/8/term
    Type
    4a/F/iii

Default How long does it take you to wash your hair?

From start to finish how long is your hair washing routine? This can include pre pooing, washing, conditioning, detangling, oiling, and styling or whichever order you do it in lol.

Length
    Shldr/BSL/Term
    Type
    3a/F/M/ii

Default Re: How long does it take you to wash your hair?

I'll report back after washing tomorrow
    I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

Length
    2"/2"/28"
    Type
    1a/F/M/i/ii

Depends on the day. Most days I'm sitting at home working so I shower which includes washing, conditioning then air drying. So maybe 5 minutes to wash and condition, air drying takes about an hour. I usually braid at night so add another minute there.

If I'm actually going out that day I'll hit it with the hairdryer to style or use a curling iron on air dried hair. So like 5 minutes there.

It's amazing how my hair routine time has drastically decreased as I got older. I remember getting up at 5:30 am to do my hair and makeup for school. Now I can shower and totally get ready to go out in 30 minutes.
    Currently at BSL, trying to get to waist, if possible, by January 2015. I may lose my mind and cut it off though.

Type
    2b/M/iii

2 hours..sometimes a little longer due to health issues. I use a bath chair.

Length
    Shldr/MBL/Waist
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

It probably adds all of 2 minutes to my shower (I CWC but do other things while conditoner sits). Post shower detangling takes a maybe a whole minute and a half (it's easy, because it's super conditioned). The longest part is the styling thing - the bulk of my hair gets absolutely nothing more done to it, except maybe thrown up in a bun or clip. My bangs, on the other hand, get straightened and styled, which does take a good five minutes.

So, total, ten minutes?

**ETA** If we're including drying time, somewhere between 4 and 24 hours, depending on if it's up or down. But I'm not doing anything with it during that time, just leaving it alone. Also, as a previous poster said, my 'getting ready' thing has gotten much, much shorter as I've gotten older. In high school it was HOURS. Now, in my thirties, I can be up and out the door within half an hour.
    Last edited by BeckyAH; August 17th, 2011 at 08:18 PM. Reason: Additional information.

Length
    17 in/35 in/TB
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

i comb it before I wash to make sure there are no tangles, then it takes 10 minutes to shampoo, condition and bathe. I squeeze the water out of it and wrap it up in a turbie twist towel for @ 30 minutes. I comb it out, put on a plastic headband & air dry for a little over an hour. I like to keep things simple.

Length
    bsl/elbow/n/a
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Variable. Highly variable.

Shortest possible routine is scalp wash, dilute vinegar rinse, and leave in conditioner. Total is maybe 10 minutes, including all my detangling. Longest would be CWC with a heavy protein conditioner, since that might get left in for rather a long time. Even so... it doesn't change my total shower time. A lot of the "sit and soak" steps can be worked in around other stuff, so I don't spend time waiting and instead can get clean.

Worst case scenario, I can wake up at 7am and be out the door dressed and looking presentable at 8am. Usually I can fit breakfast into that too, tho I'll feel rushed if I do.

Length
    pixie/25"/30"
    Type
    2c/F/ii/iii

About 10-15 minutes. Though washing hair always includes showering, so total 20-30. Air drying is 5-6 hours , and I haven't used a blow dryer enough to know how long it takes.

Length
    pixie/bob/waist
    Type
    1c/F/ii

10 minute shower. 1 minute to detangle, and 7 minutes to blow dry/style. Or about 45 minutes to air dry.

Length
    11/15/45
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

I start a new hair care routine tomorrow. So I will let you know.