Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ayurvedic hair care.

Length
    9 in/20 in/30 in
    Type
    1c/F/i/ii

Default Ayurvedic hair care.

Been getting really into youtube videos on Ayurvedic hair care, I have type 2 hair and most videos ive seen are for curly to coily hair types. Would I benefit from it the same?
    Also if anyone on here follows this kind of hair care regimen can you please list your favorite products and recipes. I am super into starting something like this.

Length
    ShgLp/Bcl/term?
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Default Re: Ayurvedic hair care.

try blogs then: https://www.banyanbotanicals.com/inf...-and-your-skin. this is not exactly about the wave pattern, but the structure and health tendencies of your hair. I have a vata imballance.

Length
    TWA/APL/Waist
    Type
    4b/M/ii

You should check out the Recipes, Henna, and Herbal Haircare part of the forum. Here is one of the threads about it: Indian Herbs and How to Use Them. If you do a search in this forum, tons of posts on this subject will appear, most having your hair type.
    No shampoo
    No conditioner
    APL to BSL come grow with me!

Length
    18/36/48
    Type
    2b/M/C/iii

Coffee and make up on YouTube has a diy hair oil video using ayurvedic ingredients! Her hair turned out beautifully! I'm going to be trying it out using olive oil!
    Virgin red hair, hip length. Last cut Nov. 2016 Second goal Classic length!
    --- Isaiah 55 ---
    --- Romans 14:11 ---

Curious. Very Curious. Ophidian's Avatar
    Length
    Buzz/FTL+/Knee+
    Type
    2b/M/C/ii/iii

There is ongoing discussion over the recipes henna and herbal haircare thread, and some in the hybrid WO thread (I derailed there a bit)

Short... SL... APL... MBL...Waist... Hip... Tailbone... Classic... Knee...

Length
    9 in/20 in/30 in
    Type
    1c/F/i/ii

thankyou i definitely will check it out.

Length
    9 in/20 in/30 in
    Type
    1c/F/i/ii

I love her youtube channel. I gotta find that video. must have glanced over it.

Length
    18/36/48
    Type
    2b/M/C/iii

https://youtu.be/TzmtJ1LwGwM

Sorry I meant to put the link in here
    Virgin red hair, hip length. Last cut Nov. 2016 Second goal Classic length!
    --- Isaiah 55 ---
    --- Romans 14:11 ---

Obsessive Oilaholic ChloeDharma's Avatar
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Cherriezzzzz View Post
    https://youtu.be/TzmtJ1LwGwM

Sorry I meant to put the link in here
    Wow five months! That is one patient person! Using neem powder in the oil is a great idea to get the benefits of neem without having to endure that awful stench from the oil, I also sometimes buy the dried leaves and infuse them like a tea then use that to rinse my hair and scalp, that works quite well.

Often youtubers use the term "ayurveda" when really they just mean traditional Indian ingredients and recipes. These were not developed just for curly and kinky hair and absolutely can be used by any hair type from 1a to 4c in one way or another. How you use them and what you use will of course depend on your individual needs but there does seem to be something for everyone if they want to try it out.
    I have been using Indian ingredients and recipes for a long time now and have varied from using just an oil like mustard oil in my early teens to spending a few years exclusively herb washing and even followed the traditional method of daily oiling with herb infused oils and washing once a week keeping my hair in a contained style all the time except for when washing and oil massaging. This worked very well for me and my hair grew well when I stayed dedicated.
    These days I am not so strict with my routine and do use commercial shampoos and conditioners for convenience but do also still make DT's from herbs like methi, brahmi and others and most of the time use Indian hair oils (my current favourites are the dhathri and ramtirth brahmi) and of course I use henna to colour my hair and for it's conditioning benefits

Oh and if you are interested in some other youtubers who share good recipes using Indian ingredients then Eve's Café and Steph Arizona do some good ones there are others but those are the only two names I can think of right now. Oh actually BeautyKLove has some nice videos too.
    The heart would have no rainbow, had the eyes no tears.

Length
    9 in/20 in/30 in
    Type
    1c/F/i/ii

thankyou for all the information and i love beautyKlove! been a huge fan for many many years. shes the person who inspired me to grow long.