Thread: Perfect Henna Recipe for virgin Dark Brown Hair?

Question Perfect Henna Recipe for virgin Dark Brown Hair?

Hi all,

New here! I'm not really the long-hair type, but I had nowhere else to ask. I'm a guy who has been messing around with all sorts of chemical dyes, toners, and bleaches in hopes of finding that perfect shade to give my drab hair some color. Every time I chemical dye I have remorse that I'm poisoning myself, so it's time to find the perfect henna shade recipe for my hair.

I have fine & straight darkest brown hair. I've had a colorist tell me it's a level 4, but to the naked eye it looks like a level 2. Dark brown.

Now I realize henna doesn't lighten, but what are the range of possibilities with henna on this hair color? The one thing I want to avoid is stark, BRIGHT RED hair. I want to keep it as natural/professional as possible. I'm thinking auburn with as little straight red tones as possible.

Calling all experts!

S

Length
    Pixie/2"/36"
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Default Re: Perfect Henna Recipe for virgin Dark Brown Hair?

It might help if you could post a picture of your hair and the color you would like to achieve. Henna isn't red, it orange. Over dark brown hair, you should get a nice auburn that flares more orange in the sun.

Length
    12 in/40 in/40 in
    Type
    2b/M/C/iii

Hi there! Well I don't want to get your hopes down, but with dark brown hair henna is only going to be seen in the sun, as an orangey/red-ish tint. At least that's my case, but my hair is very thick and coarse, maybe your finer hair takes the dye better! But you can't expect drastic changes in color because as you said, henna does not lighten the hair, it just coats the original color.
    That said, you don't need to worry about unnatural results, it'll look fine! The great thing of having dark hair is no visible demacration line also. If you take the plunge I'd love to see result pics!
    Last edited by Khristopher; March 9th, 2017 at 08:39 PM.
    2b ~ M/C ~ iii ~ Dark Brunnette ~ Hennahead ♥
    Goal is Classic Length braids(Achieved!)/FTL(Achieved!) -thickness is a plus-
    Current length: knee+ and growing

[Judging you in Spanish] Milady_DeWinter's Avatar
    Length
    BSL/CL/FTL
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

As they told you, on dark hair you won't have, in any case, fiery red The orangey-red tint from the henna will mix with your natural color, and since it just add colour (never bleaches or lightens it), it'll look natural on you. With a red tint, esp in the sun, but nothing else