Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: funniest/strangest hair comments!

Length
    Buzz/hip/class
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

Default funniest/strangest hair comments!

I nipped out to the shop today and had my hair down, freshly washed, dried and not combed. I only live 5 doors down from the shop! When i was there I saw an old friend who told me my hair reminded her of a cocker spaniel's ear! ha ha I thought it was hilarious, I am taking it was a compliment

Whats the funniest/strangest hair comment you ever received?
    Buzz October 2015 to get rid of bendigo and lots of other damage, now Al natural and loving it....where will my journey end? I will tell you when I get there. Lifelong Co washer and LOC method currentl approaching curly hip

Length
    15"/22"/35"
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii/iii

Default Re: funniest/strangest hair comments!

You know what though? Your hair DOES remind me of a cocker spaniel's ear!!! So shiny and wavy and soft-looking.

I had a cocker spaniel growing up, and she had the most gorgeous waves and curls that grew longer on her head and ears. I always begged my parents to make sure they didn't cut it off the few times she went to a groomer. It looked like she had people hair!

I don't know where this is in the realm of compliment/non-compliment, but I take a weekly class with two other women, and one asks me every time if I've changed my hair color from the week before. Every time. "But it's different this week!!" News to me...

Length
    18/bob/n/a
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

I haven't gotten any weird comments, but would just like to say that the cocker spaniel ear comment was definitely a compliment. Do a google search, you'll see!

Length
    Buzz/hip/class
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

LOL! why thank you, I love cockers did have one a few years back, i got told then off another friend i looked just like my dog LOL! guess I must do!

Hair changing colour is a good one it means your hair is so shiny, the different lights are reflecting! thats a brilliant compliment!
    Buzz October 2015 to get rid of bendigo and lots of other damage, now Al natural and loving it....where will my journey end? I will tell you when I get there. Lifelong Co washer and LOC method currentl approaching curly hip

Length
    Buzz/hip/class
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by uptosomeone View Post
    I haven't gotten any weird comments, but would just like to say that the cocker spaniel ear comment was definitely a compliment. Do a google search, you'll see!
    Yeah i think so, cockers have lovely silky ears probably a 2a/b yeah i can take that!

Length
    18/bob/n/a
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Yeah i think so, cockers have lovely silky ears probably a 2a/b yeah i can take that!
    Only at LHC is hair typing a dog's ears perfectly normal and understood.

Length
    TBL/TBL/KL
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

haha! Exactly what i was thinking!
    Lady Amber, High Priestess of Viva Naturalis, in the order of The Long Haired Knights.
    Using Curly Girl approved haircare... but being utterly neglectful of my curls....
    Longest Length: TBL Current: TBL Goal: Knee Length

The Naughty Mess says.... Seeshami's Avatar
    Length
    4/51.5/Until
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii/iii

When people comment about the color I tell them it's a "ruse" that I am actually a blond. For some odd reason they think I mean I am wearing a wig.

Length
    Buzz/hip/class
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

ha ha! we should have a thread, what kind of dog would you be for your type of hair!

Quote Originally Posted by Amber_Maiden View Post
    haha! Exactly what i was thinking!
    I often type different dogs hair LOL! my little staffy is a 1a/m/c!
    Quote Originally Posted by Seeshami View Post
    When people comment about the color I tell them it's a "ruse" that I am actually a blond. For some odd reason they think I mean I am wearing a wig.
    thats the thing with virgin colour, its so unique and people aren't used to seeing it. My natural colour is dark blonde with copper and I either got called blonde (in summer) brown (in winter) and red in the sun....I have seasonal hair! your hair btw is a gorgeous colour, you don't get colour like that from a bottle!

Length
    Ear/BSL/Term
    Type
    1b/1c/F/i

My mother in law insists every time I see her that my hair has been cut and she is convinced that my very ashy hair is red or "has red in it."

Other than that I don't get any comments, but my hair isn't very long yet.