Thread: Considering taking the henna plunge

Length
    8/13/36

Default Considering taking the henna plunge

Hey y'all!

I've been stalking this website for a little over 6 months now and finally decided to join!

I am currently at just about SL with dark brown hair. My hair was dyed black but then faded out so that it is identical to my natural hair color. It's so close that even my friends who do hair can't find the line of demarkation or whatever it's called.

My problem is this...

I want to start using henna on my hair, but I'm wondering how BAQ henna will react to color oops. Ultimately I want my hair to be like a coppery orange color, and I won't try to obtain that until my hair is APL, but in the meantime I wanted to henna over the color I have just to add a little depth. I'm just curious that if later on, when my hair is much longer and I want to aim for the lighter color, if I use color oops OVER the hair I had already hennaed, if it will ruin the henna, or if it will just strip out the color from under the henna that had been chemically dyed.

Sorry for the rambling!

Length
    6/HL+/CL
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Considering taking the henna plunge

Hey

Henna is great! You can lighten henna with Sun In, if it is too dark.
    I have little knowledge of colour oops. What I do know is that a copper tint is very hard to achieve with henna if your hair is brown naturally. You'd have to lighten first and then use BAQ Henna for a short period of time.
    I have had experience of chemical dye under the henna fading under the henna with multiple washes btw, maybe that is of any help?
    Lady Bainwen, Scribe of Glorious Horizons in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Ear-Chin-Shoulder-APL-BSL->Waist-HL-BCL-TBL-Classic

Length
    CBL/BSL/TB
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

My daughter has henna'd over color oops with great success but I have no idea how henna would react to trying to strip it out. I was always under the impression that color oops goes into the core of the hair shaft and washes away the chemical color. If henna binds with the keratin though I have no clue what that would do. Maybe someone here has been brave enough to try.

Length
    8/13/36

I did manage to find a thread on color oops and henna here. It looks as though a LOT of people have used it to successfully remove henna and go back to their natural color. I never would have thought it would work!
    Unfortunately, that is not what I want haha.

@ofthefae -
    I know, I'm really bummed that my hair got so dark over time. I was born with white blonde hair but it darker up by the time I was 9. I really want that gorgeous light color but it just might not be in the cards for me I guess