Thread: Carina Organics

Length
    BSL/BCL/Class
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Default Carina Organics

This is a Canadian brand that’s sulphate- and silicone free. They also have fragrance free options. I think their shampoos are soap based but please correct me if I’m wrong.

I’ve been using their spray leave in with sweet pea and I’m loving it so far. This one doesn’t contain any ingredients that build up on my low porosity hair, yet it makes it So Soft. Even when my hair isn’t having the best hair day ever, this kinda saves it. It’s worth the price and hassle of importing in my opinion. (I recognise this is different for everybody) I just hope it will be more accessible in Europe in the future.
    Chin • APL • BSL • MBL •WL​ • HL • BCL • TBL • CL
    Lady Marie of the Scarlet Kin
    in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Shave/Knee/Knee
    Type
    2a/F/ii/iii

Default Re: Carina Organics

Hi, I use these products shampoo, conditioner and leave in (sweet pea) and like you I find the leave in works great, have to say its my favourite.

I found Carina Organics very similar to Calia Natural in terms of composition and performance -- Calia might be more accessible to you in Europe. I discovered that neither Carina nor Calia worked for me in the long run. I loved what they did to my hair, making it feel so soft and hydrated, but I had a very strange skin reaction to their products. I had patches of dermatitis form on my eyelids and they caused a sunburn and eczema-like reaction on my extremities which I never experienced before. I'm still trying to figure out what ingredient caused it!

Length
    BSL/BCL/Class
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by orchidia View Post
    I found Carina Organics very similar to Calia Natural in terms of composition and performance -- Calia might be more accessible to you in Europe. I discovered that neither Carina nor Calia worked for me in the long run. I loved what they did to my hair, making it feel so soft and hydrated, but I had a very strange skin reaction to their products. I had patches of dermatitis form on my eyelids and they caused a sunburn and eczema-like reaction on my extremities which I never experienced before. I'm still trying to figure out what ingredient caused it!
    Oh no, I hope you identify the culprit soon so you can avoid it!

I own the Calia Hydrating Leave In Spray and that is not my cup of tea. It has guar so it builds up, I don’t like the smell so I’m glad it doesn’t linger and I don’t feel like it’s benefitting my hair when I use it. You are right, I can get Calia easier, it’s a shame for me I like the Carina one much better

Quote Originally Posted by Mariekeeee14 View Post
    Oh no, I hope you identify the culprit soon so you can avoid it!

I own the Calia Hydrating Leave In Spray and that is not my cup of tea. It has guar so it builds up, I don’t like the smell so I’m glad it doesn’t linger and I don’t feel like it’s benefitting my hair when I use it. You are right, I can get Calia easier, it’s a shame for me I like the Carina one much better
    Oh no! I never noticed the guar in the Calia formulation. And I agree, the scent of the Calia products is nowhere near as nice as Carina's offerings. The Sweet Pea was so lovely! It's a shame Carina hasn't expanded to European customers the same way Calia has.

Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Hi! I use carina organics, they’re my favourite shampoo and conditioner. I’m from the UK and I get mine from a UK based website called https://liveinthelight.co.uk/ - carina organics is easier accessible for me than Calia naturals. Hopefully that helps you!

Length
    BSL/BCL/Class
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Nieve View Post
    Hi! I use carina organics, they’re my favourite shampoo and conditioner. I’m from the UK and I get mine from a UK based website called https://liveinthelight.co.uk/ - carina organics is easier accessible for me than Calia naturals. Hopefully that helps you!
    Thanks, but sadly no. Shipping costs are higher and shipping takes so much longer since brexit

Length
    4/32/38
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Has anyone enjoyed this brand long term? I just picked up the Sweet Pea Deep Conditioner from my health food store and not only does it smell devine it truly made my low porosity, wavy/curly hair super soft and not frizzy. Now I am curious about the rest of the line. Especially the Gentle Shampoo. I already use natural shampoos that don't lather, so that doesn't scare me off.

Length
    Shave/Knee/Knee
    Type
    2a/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by TiffPhares View Post
    Has anyone enjoyed this brand long term? I just picked up the Sweet Pea Deep Conditioner from my health food store and not only does it smell devine it truly made my low porosity, wavy/curly hair super soft and not frizzy. Now I am curious about the rest of the line. Especially the Gentle Shampoo. I already use natural shampoos that don't lather, so that doesn't scare me off.
    I really enjoyed the shampoo and conditioner as well as the leave in, definitely worth a try.