Thread: First photos for LHC/typing photos

Length
    19"?/44.25/ankle
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

Default First photos for LHC/typing photos

Photos taken in dim-ish room with flash. My color doesn't fluctuate that way down my length in person - I'm not sure what the shadows from my crown to halfway and on the ends are about. Sorry about the narrow cropping. They're cropped this way because of self-consciousness about the wideness of me. I never put photos of myself online, but I see so many pictures of you ladies' hair, and everyone has been so nice, I wanted to share some here.

State of hair in first image: freshly washed, air-dried almost completely dry, uncombed, no products in. Top blue line is at my waist (where my hands fall when I put them on my waist). Lower blue line is... well, I thought it was classic length on me, but now that I'm looking at the photo, I'm not sure anymore. I wear shirts that cover my bottom completely. This shirt is around four inches past the classic length mark on me, so...? When I hold my hair to my body, it does go a wee little bit past where my butt meets my thighs, though.

The lower half of the second photo shows my color more accurately, but it's not quite this dark a red in person. I just gave it a quick brush before taking a second photo, so there's no oil or leave-ins or anything in it. I'm actually surprised the ends are that even - I haven't trimmed in probably two years. Not the greatest photo, but I was hurrying to get across the room because the camera was on a timer.

I'm pretty positive that my hair type is what I have listed, from the way it behaves, but it's always nice to make sure that someone else's eyes see the same thing.

Length
    -/%/+
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Default Re: First photos for LHC/typing photos

1b/1c. Taking in to consideration that you hit it with a brush and the way it looks damp. But definitely not 1a.

Welcome to LHC.
    Last edited by clichepithet; September 27th, 2010 at 05:43 PM.

Lady Legion of the Legendary Black Beast of Castle Aaughh;
    Order of the Long Hair'd K'nnnniggits

Account Closed by Member Request

2a, f/m, ii?

I was wondering... if you've left your hair to dry without brushing it, do the waves remain in your dry hair? If they do, I'd say you're a 2a because you do have a fair bit of wave going on in the first picture. Can you take a photo of your hair that has been air dried and unbrushed? It may give us a clearer picture as to what your hair is.

Easily Enabled
    Length
    24"/~40"/~40"
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

I'd be tempted to say 2A as well, given that the second photo is post-brushing - my hair straightens out to a 1B/1C with combing, especially when damp.

ps. I'm not the narrowest person either, I strategically crop photos too. Well, that and I forget to tidy up the background before I take the photo.

Length
    19"?/44.25/ankle
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by little_cherry View Post
    2a, f/m, ii?

I was wondering... if you've left your hair to dry without brushing it, do the waves remain in your dry hair? If they do, I'd say you're a 2a because you do have a fair bit of wave going on in the first picture. Can you take a photo of your hair that has been air dried and unbrushed? It may give us a clearer picture as to what your hair is.
    Judging by descriptions and the photos on the visual hairtyping page, I don't feel it's anywhere near a 2. If I leave my hair down after it's dried, with no brushing, the waves in that first picture fall almost completely out within a couple of hours of around-the-house motion. It'll look piece-y and in need of a brush or comb, but almost no waves. I'll try to remember to take another photo when I wash my hair again.

Length
    ?/BSL/Waist
    Type
    1c/2a/F/i

I think you're definetly NOT a 1a. My vote is for 1b/1c.

~Proud member of the Renegray Gang~

Rodent Of Unusual Size Capybara's Avatar
    Length
    chin/BCL/clsc
    Type
    1c/2a/M/iii

It's difficult to tell (I'm no expert at hairtyping!) but I'd say you're a 1c. Pretty hair!
    I feel like a longhair again! Retire Your Ruler for 90 Days!

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

My vote is 1C also.

Length
    hip/hip/hurra
    Type
    1a/M/ii