Onward and Upward GoddesJourney's Avatar
    Length
    BSL/TBL!/CL
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/ii/iii

Default Stress related grey hairs.

Anyone else get

grey hairs

that are purely stress related? I have some that alternate between grey and brown over the length of the hair and I can name the exbyfriend that coincides with each one on the timeline.

Now that I finally found the right guy and I'm getting mrried, I hope they all just go away. I'm only 25. My dog has two-toned hair like this but I shouldn't have any.

Anyone else?

For cool tips on life, check out my blog, How to Be Awesome, For Free, a survival guide for surviving in style.

Length
    12"/25"/48"
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Default Re: Stress related grey hairs.

Yes, absolutely !! During a particularly stressful summer when I was a teenager, I got a couple of white hairs right on my crown. They must've shed off and grown back brown because it was a one time event, but it did happen. Freaky. Stress is such a hair killer isn't it.

Can't keep away, it seems Unofficial_Rose's Avatar
    Type
    2a/M/ii

A company I worked for at one time are being investigated by the tax authorities. I am still not sure if it's over. They may yet ask for a huge sum from me in under-deductions. Every day I watch out for the postman, and every day I do a little dance of relief when I haven't had the nasty brown letter. In a way, it'd be a relief if they just asked for the money. The co. was operating a scheme which is within the letter of the law, although arguably not within the spirit.

So in the last 14 months or so, I have gone from a few greys to a serious amount of grey. It may be genetic, but I have been as stressed as hell. But because I'm 45, I don't think they'll be going back to brown anytime soon!

Length
    Fngtp/fuzzy/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Well, I've gotten quite a few more since I started grad school. Not sure if that's stress, age, or the water down here.
    Lady Physis, Lorekeeper of Nature in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    SMT Intro to Henna How to post a picture Reporting posts Multi-quote feature
    Unless I type in moderator bold, assume I'm just speaking as a forum member.
    Long hair hiatus: short hair for now, buzzcut!

Miss Blue Head. :) BlackfootHair's Avatar
    In front of the mirror looking for whites.
    Length
    23/Apl/35
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

I hear vitamin c is supposed to reverse that..... I hope it does for mine!
    Rest in peace, little kitty.

Length
    Pixie/APL/waist
    Type
    1c/F/M/i/ii

I must be really stressed then......
    Once you place a candle in the dark, you can't deny the light. . Once you give to man that candle, you give his mind the power of flight. - Myself.
    Lady Seyllea, Oracle of Time and Becoming in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

This has been the most stressful year of my life..... needless to say, i found a WHITE hair that seemed fairly new because it was only about 4 inches long. I had my roommate pluck it out.

Persistent Procrastinator teela1978's Avatar
    Length
    19/34/36
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Supposedly they're just 'sputtering out' and will end up all silver eventually. That seems to be the way mine go. Grad school has definitely increased the number of my silver sparklies... but I wonder if it's really from the stress of grad school, or if it's that I aged over those 6 years and my father was mostly silver by 35...

I think it's just in the genes.

I think it's an "old wives tale" though I did just try to google it and what do you know? I found links claiming stress does not and stress does relate to gray hair. I would chalk it up to temporary poor lifestyle (sickness, not eating well, not sleeping well, not exercising, etc.) during the stressful period being the contributing factors, not stress alone.

Length
    sh/bs/Yes?
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/ii

Yep. I've acquired a little patch on the crown of my head I didn't have until my previous job--grey at the top and brown on the rest, or just new short grey ones. Pretty sure that's what caused it for me! I kind of like them, though.