Thread: ISO: versatile and sturdy fork

Length
    APL/TBL/HL?
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Default ISO: versatile and sturdy fork

My sister is growing out her hair and I want to gift her a hair fork. I'm looking for a two or maybe three prong fork, preferably with a quite simple/minimalistic design and lightweight - something she can use every day and for all occasions. She has very thick hair and already past the waist so it needs to be sturdy. So I'm thinking something with a slight headcurve, at least 10-12 cm FPL and a tough material like metal or acrylic. Colour doesn't matter that much.

Personally my favourite fork in terms of sturdiness has been the over the hawaiian moon three prong fork. They don't ship to my location, so if anyone have one of their forks for sale (2 or 3 prongs), I'm very interested!

Posting some links of what I'm thinking in terms of design. All of these are very similar and u-pin shaped, but I would be okay with a larger "head" on the fork, too, but this is what I found with a quick search.

https://www.etsy.com/se-en/listing/6..._profile&frs=1
    https://www.etsy.com/se-en/listing/1...d&ref=nla_rv-3
    https://www.etsy.com/se-en/listing/5...la_rv-11&pro=1
    https://www.etsy.com/se-en/listing/1...f=user_profile

And, please post even if your item doesn't fulfill all of my "requirements" or looks different from my suggestions; anyything is of interest! I'm in Sweden so you need to be able to ship here.
    Last edited by Cinnamonagouti; May 20th, 2024 at 04:54 AM.

Maintaining around hip.

Length
    29"/35/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii/iii

Default Re: ISO: versatile and sturdy fork

My personal favourites are Jeter forks and they are super solid although they are wood. They aren't made anymore but they are sometimes found on the swap board or at this shop that ships from the UK.
    Lady Meikyo of the Cerise Blade

Length
    BSL/TBL/Class
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Kiehlsklunker is one of my favourite makers. I have four versions of the fork you posted here, that’s how much I love it! It’s super lightweight cause of the material (titanium), and holds like a dream. I use them mainly if I have to bun my hair when it’s still damp.

She is also willing to work on commissions and a very sweet person overall. Highly recommend!
    Chin • APL • BSL • MBL •WL​ • HL • BCL • TBL • CL
    Lady Marie of the Scarlet Kin
    in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    APL/TBL/HL?
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty89 View Post
    My personal favourites are Jeter forks and they are super solid although they are wood. They aren't made anymore but they are sometimes found on the swap board or at this shop that ships from the UK.
    Thanks for the suggestion!

Maintaining around hip.

Length
    APL/TBL/HL?
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Mariekeeee14 View Post
    Kiehlsklunker is one of my favourite makers. I have four versions of the fork you posted here, that’s how much I love it! It’s super lightweight cause of the material (titanium), and holds like a dream. I use them mainly if I have to bun my hair when it’s still damp.

She is also willing to work on commissions and a very sweet person overall. Highly recommend!
    Thanks for the input! I'm leaning towards that one (might buy one for myself too...)

Maintaining around hip.