Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How ON EARTH did she manage to make hair so DRY?!?

Length
    short/BSL/Waist
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Default How ON EARTH did she manage to make hair so DRY?!?

Ok, so I went for a trim a few days ago, and not only was she not able to only cut off half inch, she washed my hair like a maniac claiming that it was a very mild shampoo, hardly used any conditioner (then went on about how tangly my hair is), then she tangled it with her fingers while drying it (then again complainig how tangly it is) then she used some spray that was supposed to be moisturising but it was not, then she was schocked my scalp was red...

I got over the bad experience as I'm sitting with a nice deep treatment knowing it will all be fine in a couple of hours but I'm still puzzled what they teach those women in beauty schools. It takes SKILL to dry it out so much, it really does. My apologies to every nice and skillfull hairdresser here ( I know you exist), but belive me, there are many more who have no clue about hair it seems...

I amar prestar aen, han mathon ne nen, han mathon ne chae a han noston ned 'wilith. Looking for Large Aqua Border and Large Multistripe Blue and Silver Ficcare Maximas.

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Default Re: How ON EARTH did she manage to make hair so DRY?!?

I usually have a deep treatment when I go in for a trim, so my hair is the opposite of dry when I walk out of there.

I do comb it out myself after the wash/condition because it's obvious that my stylist has no skill with extra-long locks. She doesn't mind; she goes for a smoke break.

Length
    Shldr/Waist/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

I literally cringed when I read that first paragraph...ack!

Good on you for doing a good deep treatment, your hair must be screaming for it. I used to hate when they would hardly use any conditioner then also tell me how tangly my hair is...
    "Here is adventure. Here is romance. Here is mystery. Tropical rivers - silently flowing into the unknown. The unbelievable splendor of exotic flowers...the eerie sound of the jungle...with eyes that are always watching."

Length
    23/39/40
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii

How? Fortitude and determination, apparently Sounds like that hairdresser was on a mission to accomplish such a feat!
    "But the back seat of the drive-in is so lonely without you"

Length
    Pixie/Pixie/?
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/i/ii

that's why its hard to find a hairdresser you can trust, i usually go to my downtown cosmetology university. its cheaper and they know what they are doing. the students and senior students are watched and if they mess up, the higher ups will fix it.

玲弁花

Length
    7/BSL/IDK
    Type
    1b/F/ii

I never let a hairdresser wash my hair for a variety of reasons: the shampoo is always too harsh; they always scrub my head way too vigorously; they comb it out too roughly - all in all, not a pleasant experience. I do it myself just before I go. She then just has to spritz the ends with water and trim.

Length
    short/BSL/Waist
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Bene View Post
    How? Fortitude and determination, apparently Sounds like that hairdresser was on a mission to accomplish such a feat!
    This made me laugh out loud.

Oh, and another thing ladys, my hair is supposedly green! (it is ashy, not green)

I amar prestar aen, han mathon ne nen, han mathon ne chae a han noston ned 'wilith. Looking for Large Aqua Border and Large Multistripe Blue and Silver Ficcare Maximas.

Type
    1b/M/ii

Maybe that's the reason why I am so afraid of all these hairstylists and I haven't visited any since one year. I know this pain hihi

Length
    waist/sl/none
    Type
    2c/M/C/i

I am allergic to so many products that I go in pre-washed. I don't let them put anything in my hair afterwards either.
    Change is the only constant.

Account Closed by Member Request
    In the Realm of Innovative Hair Care Methods

I think that it is important to speak up at the time. Tell the person that your scalp is sensitive for example, that the washing water is too hot or could they please not rub so hard, and can they please use more conditioner etc.

It can be done nicely.

You are paying for a service and some people like the opposite of what someone else likes.

There is no excuse for an unskilled professional or bad service.

However, there is a 2 person dynamic going on. Own your half of it!