Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best length to start a V-hemline?

Type
    1c/F/ii

Default Best length to start a V-hemline?

I have BSL hair (pretty much exact) and I am longing for a V-hemline! I think they are so flattering and will help make me look taller, while making my hair look longer, too.

My question is... is my hair too short to get a V-hemline? My plan was to wait until I grow to waist and get it, but I figured if I got it now it would take care of a ton of split ends since I started my new routine (and hopefully I can prevent a large amount of them now that I *know* lol).

I'll take any advice! My gut is telling me to wait until waist, or at least mid-back... thank you!

BTW, in my sig that's a slight bun wave going on. I normally have fairly straight hair with the occasional single wave just to throw everything off.

Length
    21/22/40
    Type
    1b/1c/M/C/ii/iii

Default Re: Best length to start a V-hemline?

I think your hair is long enough for a V. =)
    __________________________________________________ _______________________________
    ....Lady Sha'abi of the Thousand Golden Coins in the Order of the Long Haired Knights...

Tries to Help Everyone jacqueline101's Avatar
    Length
    slh/Hip/Knee
    Type
    1b/F/iii

I think v hem lines are cool I have one but my hair grows that way on its own.

http://51303.photobucket.com/user/ja...ker101/profile
    Some say I'm nearing hip and my fat ate the hair I'm jacqueline101 not a pronoun
    jacquelinewalker101.blogspot.com

Length
    Shldr/BSL/Waist
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii/iii

I think your hair is long enough, but I am also a fan of listening to ones "gut". How about starting it now, a not so steep one, then you can make it steeper when it is longer? Would take care of a few splits and give you an idea of how you like the V on you.

Length
    3"/3.5"/34"
    Type
    2a/F/M/i/ii

Personally I always preferred a blunt cut, BUT since coming to LHC I've seen a number of lovely Vs.

However, to me, a V looks best when the hair is longer. Like, the shortest parts of the V should be (to me anyway ) BSL+ or even waist, with the V hanging to TBL or so.

But this is just my opinion, and if you want to go for a V sooner, then do it! But personally, I'd stick with a more U shape until my hair was longer. (But maybe this is also partially because to get a V you need to cut a lot off the sides, which I think will make your hair seem quite a bit shorter from the front! You may like this or you may not).
    Starting over short and working towards virgin hair!

Length
    CL/SL/TBL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

If it helps, I had a v when my hair was just shy of APL and it looked fine. I thinks its a matter of preference but there is no reason for you not to have one now if its what you want.
    Currently hating my hair

Length
    ear/BSL29/waist
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii/iii

I agree with starting with a shallow V and gradually go steeper as it gets longer
    I would lOVE to see pics when you do it... I am at bsl and contemplating a V too they are so elegant!

Type
    1c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Mesmerise View Post
    Personally I always preferred a blunt cut, BUT since coming to LHC I've seen a number of lovely Vs.

However, to me, a V looks best when the hair is longer. Like, the shortest parts of the V should be (to me anyway ) BSL+ or even waist, with the V hanging to TBL or so.

But this is just my opinion, and if you want to go for a V sooner, then do it! But personally, I'd stick with a more U shape until my hair was longer. (But maybe this is also partially because to get a V you need to cut a lot off the sides, which I think will make your hair seem quite a bit shorter from the front! You may like this or you may not).

This is exactly my train of thought. The most lovely Vs to me seem to have the shortest pieces at BSL... maybe if I did kind of inch into it I wouldn't miss the length from the front much.

The other problem I am having is my hair being so straight and thick... I'm not sure if I'm the right type for one. And I'll be really upset if I have to cut back to BSL because I hate my hemline... but that's a whole other thread, haha.

Length
    11.5/20/30+
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by mzBANGBANG View Post
    This is exactly my train of thought. The most lovely Vs to me seem to have the shortest pieces at BSL... maybe if I did kind of inch into it I wouldn't miss the length from the front much.

The other problem I am having is my hair being so straight and thick... I'm not sure if I'm the right type for one. And I'll be really upset if I have to cut back to BSL because I hate my hemline... but that's a whole other thread, haha.
    Based on what you're saying here I definitely recommend starting at a shallow v and then moving from there. ^_^

Length
    16 in/16 in/36 in
    Type
    1b/F/i

It sounds like you like to wear buns. Will a V line make the buns harder to do? Just asking so you can keep all possible pros and cons in mind. Your hair will still look lovely no matter how you cut it though!
    High Priestess Milkthystle of Glowing Sands in the Order of the Long Haired Knights