Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New and Clueless

Default New and Clueless

hey LHC,
    I'm pretty much a newb when it comes to hair cair but I realy want to switch to more natural haircare.
    The thing is I don't know where to beginn and I'm realy bad at judging ingrdients.

I live in Germany, is there anyone arround here who can suggest a good shampoo and conditioner that is available here?
    It would be realy helpfull...

Default Re: New and Clueless

hey, welcome to the LHC!
    it would help if you could type your hair, so people can help you. it is difficult for me to suggest anything because I have no idea if you're a curlie or straights, a finey or a coarse head.
    I use SANTE at the moment and I like it so far. It has some alcohol in it, though, but my head doesn't seem to complain.

Type
    2b/M/iii

Welcome to LHC, FancyFrantic!

Here's a link to natural hair care. Perhaps you might something interesting:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...y&categoryid=4

Length
    18/25/38
    Type
    1c/2a/M/iii

Welcome, it's mostly trial and error, there are lots of gentle and more natural options out there. Sulfate (and silicone) free shampoo and conditioner (can't help you there diff. country), conditioner only washes, shampoo bars, indian or western herb washes, egg washes. Use the search to find lots of information and the article sections is really helpful too. Don't forget to handle you hair gently too, that makes a big difference. Combs instead of brushes, no wet combing, no heat styling and protective styles too reduce damage.

Current goal BSL 27”, longterm goal tailbone 38"
    Avatar is The Moon and the Stars: study for the Moon by Alphonse Mucha

Length
    Pixie/BSL/Waist

Hi FancIFrantic! I'm not going to suggest and particular products as I've experimented a lot and found in the end that I'm not really into natural haircare, but I had a blast learning about it and as Audrey said, finding products that work for you is a very personal process..what I will say is I'm new to LHC too and I live in southern Germany! Gruss Gott!

Germany is a great place to look for stuff as there are so many natural products available here. I don't know how familiar you are with the German brands- are you new here or are you just new to natural haircare? what I'd do first is go to your local Bio-markt and see if there's anything in the haircare section that takes your fancy. Also try your local Apotheke... Good luck!

Length
    Pixie/BSL/Waist

Oh, and I forgot to say, although I don't generally put foodstuffs on my hair, so I can't advise on eggs, avocado masks, cheese baking soda (natrium) or vinegar rinses...since findimg LHC I do coconut oil before and after I shampoo and condition. Love it. See it's all about experimentation!

Length
    SHLDR/MIDBK/TAILB
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

That's right, it is all about experimentation. I have been doing so much of it since joing LHC and as my hair gets longer I am certain I will need to experiment some more to find what works for me. Welcome, and I hope you enjoy this little hairy wonderland.

Type
    1b/1c/M/ii/iii

Hello and welcome a good brand that i know of is Urtekram (But i guess it depends for each person)

Length
    Pixie/BSL/Waist

If you want to start the experimenting with easy to find stuff Weleda do a range of shampoos and conditioners, and they're available from supermarkets and Muller and dm drugstores as well as wholefood places. I haven't tried them though.

Length
    29"wl/39"/36-43
    Type
    2c/C/ii/iii

welcome
    *Waist* Hip*Tailbone*Classic*