Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: pantene IS bad for your hair

Length
    Buzz/hip/class
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

Default pantene IS bad for your hair

I read this story in the papers yesterday and it just goes to show sulphate free poos are the way to go.

I feel so sorry for the young girl and although I have used pantene products in the past, this has scared me off using any sulphate containing product.

I do hope this is ok to post this, please mods accept my appology if its not and delete it.

http://www.knowthelies.com/?q=node/5289
    Buzz October 2015 to get rid of bendigo and lots of other damage, now Al natural and loving it....where will my journey end? I will tell you when I get there. Lifelong Co washer and LOC method currentl approaching curly hip

The Last Hairbender Dreams_in_Pink's Avatar
    Length
    pob/Hip/CL
    Type
    1c/2a/C/ii/iii

Default Re: pantene IS bad for your hair

oh my god

it could be sulfates; it could also be some unknown substance mixed in that bottle she used. I remember a guy died because the soda he drank had a poisonous substance in it.

I think it's not sulfates though. has she been washing her hair with sulfate free poos so far?

Chin /// Shoulder /// APL /// BSL ///Waist /// Hip /// BCL /// Tailbone /// Classic (final goal) /// All one length Classic

Length
    Buzz/hip/class
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

It doesnt say but pantene does get a lot of bad press which in the past ive always dismissed, however it certainly makes me think twice about using sulphates.

It could be just a sensitivity to the ingredients or maybe her hair was damaged prior and this was just the straw that broke the camels back so to speak.
    Buzz October 2015 to get rid of bendigo and lots of other damage, now Al natural and loving it....where will my journey end? I will tell you when I get there. Lifelong Co washer and LOC method currentl approaching curly hip

Length
    shldr/BSL/hip!
    Type
    1b/M/ii

I saw the picture's, but it doesn't look like some random break-off...Maybe she did something herself but blamed it on the shampoo? I'm finding it hard to believe, especially after I saw the pictures.

Length
    15/25/29
    Type
    1a/F/i

that looks like a run in with a disgruntled room mate that spiked her shampoo with nair... or she decided to try to shave off her bangs

Length
    chin/hip/hip
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Oh, poor girl!

Her scalp doesn't look burned though. That is SO WEIRD! I wonder how long her hair was to begin with?

I've heard other things about Pantene, but I've never seen actual photos...

But it seems to me that if the culprit REALY IS SLS, wouldn't her hair have done that with ANY SLS shampoo? and what shampoo was she using before this?

Length
    shldr/BSL/hip!
    Type
    1b/M/ii

This photo is from a belgium news-website

http://www.vandaag.be/bizar/27461_me...iest-haar.html

Length
    shldr/BSL/hip!
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Oh I'm sorry, just noticed that you already had a link with the pictures can't edit my posts though...

Length
    Hip/Class/Uh...
    Type
    2b/C/ii

My scalp reacts drastically to sulfates, but nothing like that! It really makes me wonder if that particular bottle was tampered with in some way, or if her hair loss is a result of the shampoo at all.

Sulfates may be harsh...but we have many members here who use and like them, some of whom are idolized by many!

Length
    19/30/36
    Type
    1a/F/ii

It's a terrible story, but it wouldn't frighten me off of Pantene. Something strange and unusual clearly occurred in this case. There is no reason to believe that Pantene products are worse than any other brands that have SLS and cones. And I'm not even saying that those are bad, if used correctly.