Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: All The Colours

Length
    24+/TBL/E=mc2
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

Default All The Colours

I have multi-coloured hair of the virgin kind; the reason hair dyes are a no-go. Try and match this to minimise visible regrowth... My head sprouts white, silver, strawberry blonde, coppery red, dark brown and a few blacks.

Closeups, showing the lighter to darker side of things.

I've come to love all my colours, but did have bumps along the way transitioning from all-coppery (bub--okay, don't really remember too much...) to darker strawberry blonde (kidlett--redheads of any flavour were not preferred during my school years), to coppery again (teens to early 20s--frosting was my friend), then darker (preggo years) with incoming whites (KIDS!! ). Does anyone else have a mop of many colours, and do you accept it or roll over and dye? Also, do you find it has different thicknesses and textures, or porosity? My silvers can be thicker, and my whites can get their curl on a little more than the rest, and both are non-porous and also dry very, very fast, as in they're dry once I remove my towel or turbie while the rest of my hair is dripping wet...
    Last edited by Crystawni; March 29th, 2019 at 04:07 PM. Reason: Photophucket TOS Phail
    Lady Soreil, Fey-Born Bard in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    ~spider silk fine, 4.5" pony circ.~

~Back from Tippy Fingers to the Buttzone, yet forever onwards through varied hues of Tawny Trails, towards ye Crystal Cascades~

Length
    HL/TBL+/TBL+
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Default Re: All The Colours

I never get tired of seeing your natural rainbow hair Crystawni! That seriously couldn't be reproduced outside of nature and it's so uniquely gorgeous!!! I just love your hair!

Myself, I roll over onto the henna paste I have naturally blonette hair that bleaches gold very easily in the sun (even more easily with Sun-In) but I haven't seen any of it outside of roots for well over a decade now. I have a fair amount of white concentrated on my canopy (I'd estimate about 20%) which gives the impression of deliberate firey highlights against a cherry cola base, which I enjoy muchly. The effect is, for the time being, worth the effort to maintain

ETA: My dark underlayer is growing in quite wavy since my second child but my canopy, the mostly white bits, remain doggedly straight. They are, however, somehow, at the same time, thicker and almost kinky - like really stretched-out 4-texture hair... that reads straight to average eye... how does that even happen??!!
    Last edited by school of fish; February 23rd, 2017 at 09:44 PM.
    ▪daily washing▪monthly trimming▪top-down detangling▪sulfate shampoo down to the ends▪coney conditioner up to the roots▪henna and hibiscus▪worn down and loose on the regular▪

Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

WOW so beautiful, I'm amazed that's completely natural, it looks so amazing. I love all the colours!

Length
    24+/TBL/E=mc2
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by school of fish View Post
    I never get tired of seeing your natural rainbow hair Crystawni! That seriously couldn't be reproduced outside of nature and it's so uniquely gorgeous!!! I just love your hair!

Myself, I roll over onto the henna paste I have naturally blonette hair that bleaches gold very easily in the sun (even more easily with Sun-In) but I haven't seen any of it outside of roots for well over a decade now. I have a fair amount of white concentrated on my canopy (I'd estimate about 20%) which gives the impression of deliberate firey highlights against a cherry cola base, which I enjoy muchly. The effect is, for the time being, worth the effort to maintain

ETA: My dark underlayer is growing in quite wavy since my second child but my canopy, the mostly white bits, remain doggedly straight. They are, however, somehow, at the same time, thicker and almost kinky - like really stretched-out 4-texture hair... that reads straight to average eye... how does that even happen??!!
    Oh gosh, thank you, school of fish! I love the sound of your fiery highlights teamed with cherry cola! Mmm mmm. I actually find it hard to imagine what's lurking beneath that! And yeaaaaaaaah, my underlayer is my wavier zone now (double the waves and curls of the canopy), but that's where the majority of my whites are. Weirdo hair we have. As for your kinkies--blame the kids. I would. Do they start behaving like the rest as they grow out? (<<talking about hairs here, although it applies to kids too... hehe) I find some of my silvers can be like that for the first few inches (they're also more likely to act like antennas, too... gah!)

Quote Originally Posted by Kae612 View Post
    WOW so beautiful, I'm amazed that's completely natural, it looks so amazing. I love all the colours!
    Ta muchly, Kae612! It's probably something we don't see all that often due to the prevalence of colouring, coverings, cropped dos and other social, geographical and/or religious norms.

Having a good spread of colours is probably why I don't see greying as an issue, either. Whites and silvers are just another couple of shades to add to the mix.
    Lady Soreil, Fey-Born Bard in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    ~spider silk fine, 4.5" pony circ.~

~Back from Tippy Fingers to the Buttzone, yet forever onwards through varied hues of Tawny Trails, towards ye Crystal Cascades~

Type
    1b/F/i

Why would you even show that gorgeous multicolor mess to someone with basic boring hair like me? WHY.
    Time is the fire in which we burn...Delmore Schwartz
    Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light...Dylan Thomas

Length
    BSL/CL/Knee
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

Mm, my silvers/sandies are trying to form a stripe.
    I get black hair on my legs occasionally. Perhaps it's the closest I get to your fabulousness.
    Last edited by truepeacenik; February 26th, 2017 at 01:52 AM.
    Join a declutter challenge http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...d.php?t=141272

Nevertheless, she persisted.

Length
    Chin/Waist/Class
    Type
    3c/4a/C/iii

Your hair colour is amazing

Length
    HL/TBL+/TBL+
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Crystawni View Post
    Oh gosh, thank you, school of fish! I love the sound of your fiery highlights teamed with cherry cola! Mmm mmm. I actually find it hard to imagine what's lurking beneath that! And yeaaaaaaaah, my underlayer is my wavier zone now (double the waves and curls of the canopy), but that's where the majority of my whites are. Weirdo hair we have. As for your kinkies--blame the kids. I would. Do they start behaving like the rest as they grow out? (<<talking about hairs here, although it applies to kids too... hehe) I find some of my silvers can be like that for the first few inches (they're also more likely to act like antennas, too...
    I'm still trying to figure out how those whites behave, haha!! I started going white early, in my late teens, but they've been molasses-slow in taking hold (I'm mid-forties now). The white hairs started 10 years before I had my first, but I'm still going to blame them both because that's just solid parenting policy

What I do notice about the white hairs is that they're coarser and very cobwebby. That top layer really likes to grab together overtop of the more slippy underlayer, often wnds from the right side velcroing to ends on the left side, meeting in the centre back. I think I shall think of it as a protective tangle-net instead of the fragile tangle-nest that it actually is - less depressing that way
    ▪daily washing▪monthly trimming▪top-down detangling▪sulfate shampoo down to the ends▪coney conditioner up to the roots▪henna and hibiscus▪worn down and loose on the regular▪

Now that I've greyed significantly I have a multitude of colours. The nape of my neck is similar to my childhood colour (black-brown). I have 2 distinct white stripes on each side similar to yours. The rest is peppered with white, silver, black, brown and red.

After 8 months of growing out roots, I saw a hairdresser who spent a lot of time (and a lot of my money LOL) bleaching out sections of the coloured ends to match my natural hues. It was worth it because it allowed me more time and length before chopping those ends off. I got another 8 months out of those ends and my natural hair to SL at my big chop.

Very similar to you - They are all different textures (straight to coils) but all low-zero porosity and coarse (thick to very thick). I also have a lot of hair - my pony tail circumference is 4.5 inches :0

Personally I will not colour ever again. Colour never really took well as it is really hard to penetrate that cuticle! Also, I love my natural colour and now I know how to care of it (somewhat!). People would question why I would want my grey roots but now all I get are compliments on the colours.

I will eat all your tofu maborosi's Avatar
    Length
    16"/38.5"/55"
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii/iii

That is REALLY cool!
    Your hair is so neat!