Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone...two stepped indigo, used bleach till green, and successfully hennaed red

Length
    14.5/16.75/32
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Default Has anyone...two stepped indigo, used bleach till green, and successfully hennaed red

Well the title says it all. I have two stepped henna & indigo till I got ravens wings black, realized it doesn't look good on me and want it lighter now. I have been honey lightening but it is such a slow process, and plus I like to play around with color.

Lol, I know indigo is permanent, but was just wondering if anyone has done tests to see if the bleaching over it can be made into an acceptable color, whether with henna or box dyes.

Can that ugly green be colored? Question of the day!

I am ready to do a couple of strand tests and was really kind of looking for some pointers, like what kind of bleach, peroxide, toner, etc... I should use.

Length
    Fngtp/fuzzy/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Default Re: Has anyone...two stepped indigo, used bleach till green, and successfully hennaed

How long since you indigoed? For some people indigo fades substantially enough over several months that you might not even have to bleach it out. (It usually seems that these are the people who want permanent and deep black, of course, while the people who wish it would fade have uncanny permanence.) You might get lucky and have the indigo fade without having to deal with bleaching and green hair.

You might also look at the whole ColorOops/ColourB4 removing indigo thing that's happening around here. It seems to have a lower risk of green hair than bleach does.
    Lady Physis, Lorekeeper of Nature in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    SMT Intro to Henna How to post a picture Reporting posts Multi-quote feature
    Unless I type in moderator bold, assume I'm just speaking as a forum member.
    Long hair hiatus: short hair for now, buzzcut!

Length
    14.5/16.75/32
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Default Re: Has anyone...two stepped indigo, used bleach till green, and successfully hennaed

Oh really? I thought the color oops wasn't good for indigo, this is great news! Thanks Anje, I will definitely be looking for this or Color B4 when I go to Sallys Friday!

I've been two stepping for maybe a year now, about every 6 weeks, and the last time was unfortunately only about a month ago. The honey is slightly fading it, there is an orange glow now instead of the almost blue glow. In the past I have managed to go back to blond by letting hendigo fade and slowly streaking it, this time though I went full two step black.

Length
    TBL/TBL/KL
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

I successfully lightened out my indigo with honey with no damage to my hair. It took about two months.
    Lady Amber, High Priestess of Viva Naturalis, in the order of The Long Haired Knights.
    Using Curly Girl approved haircare... but being utterly neglectful of my curls....
    Longest Length: TBL Current: TBL Goal: Knee Length

Length
    14.5/16.75/32
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Hmmm, maybe if I can't find color oops I will just have to keep on with the honey. I can see a slight difference but sigh, it is taking sooooo long. Thanks for the encouraging words Amber Maiden

Type
    2a/M/iii

Everytime I try to lighten my hair, it always turns green. I haven't used indigo since last June, but it still turns green when I tried to color strip. Maybe my hair is just too damaged. Most of it faded anyway.

ETA: Color stripper and bleach both made it green. Henna didn't cancel it out.

the lords of chaos will never die

Length
    14.5/16.75/32
    Type
    2b/F/ii

See that is what I am afraid of, the henna not cancelling the green What do you do afterwards about the green Magic?

Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Even if henna cancelled the green, you would get brown, not red, most likely.
    Lady Nemetona of the Blessed Circle in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    zip/calf/term
    Type
    1c/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Anje View Post
    How long since you indigoed? For some people indigo fades substantially enough over several months that you might not even have to bleach it out. (It usually seems that these are the people who want permanent and deep black, of course, while the people who wish it would fade have uncanny permanence.) You might get lucky and have the indigo fade without having to deal with bleaching and green hair.
    Oh ain't that the truth! Even straight henna fades on me and it is supposed outlast the zombie apocalypse.

I'd give the two step another month, indigo really does have a higher chance of fading.

From zero to hero

All posts are made as a regular member unless they are in modbold.

Length
    14.5/16.75/32
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Brown would be okay, it would suit me much better than the black. Or green.

I see Color Oops has some pretty good reviews, except for being stinky, lol. Hopefully my Canadian Sallys has it, I'm willing to give it a try ( on multiple strand tests of course )