Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Glassy hair that doesn't get tangled, does it exist?

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Default Re: Glassy hair that doesn't get tangled, does it exist?

I got the shine, but also tanlges.

By the way, I get what they're trying to describe with that term. But I associate glass with something fragile. Terms with the word glass are mostly used to describe something fragile in my experience.

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Chin/BSL/TBL
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Not for me 🤣 I had hair like that when I was younger: 1a or 1b, super silky, shiny, and pin straight. My hair developed a curl pattern after puberty, and it tangles as soon as you look at it.
    Although when I think of glass hair, I don’t necessarily think of perfectly straight - I think of tons of shine. A lot of super-straight hair is heat styled and smoothed with serums, both of which can give a shiny appearance.

Length
    19/20/37
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by Priska View Post
    Thank you for your lightning respond! Is this feature really totally independent of the length of hair??... So your hair remains tangle free or is easy to get tangle free even in hip length, or knee length?... I think we should check this with microscope, what is that thing in this hairtype, that keeps it so easy to maintain! If it somehow could be mimiced..
    To be fair, my hair is only armpit length atm. When I was a kid it was waist length. I think from when I was 8 to about 13 it was maintained at waist length. It didn't look very nice though because it tended to get greasy and "stick together" just like it still does today, even if it wasn't really tangly. I know some people's sebum seems to be waxier and "harder" whereas mine is quite "liquidy" so maybe that has something to do with it being naturally slippy.

Besides this point, at the store I work at we have a lot of silk serums and even a "shine spray" with silk amino acids that I'm kind of tempted to try. It would at least give my hair the look of being perfect, on wash day, for a few hours until it's oily again lol.

Length
    waist/TB/long

I have glossy, shiny hair but it still tangles some.