Page 109 of 141 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1409

Thread: Possible way to protect hair from conventional peroxide damage

Length
    21"/39"/44"
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Possible way to protect hair from conventional peroxide damage

You are missing my point. It tried it on dry hair and it absorbed well, and I tried it on just wetted hair and it didn't absorb all that well. Therefore, hair does not take 15 minutes to absorb water.

Soft hair that is nice to sit on - now I'm bragging!

Account Closed by Member Request
    In the Realm of Innovative Hair Care Methods

It appears that we are at an impasse. I said that I think that your conditioner is probably designed to work well on dry hair too. Perhaps it is designed to work best on dry hair only.

That has nothing to do with the source I quoted, in my opinion. Maybe your conditioner, if diluted with any amount of water, does not work as well as it may otherwise.

I am pleased for you that it works.

Length
    CHIN/BSL-/??
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Dolly View Post
    I am off to rinse out the dye that I have on my hair at this very moment....I will post back this evening about condition and also dye uptake....my fiancee is coming over this evening, and I will ask him what he thinks about the intensity....

Well, the verdict is in......my fiancee is the person who has seen (and felt) my hair on a regular basis, every time it has been colored for the last 2.5 years......he has confirmed that the last 3 dye jobs (inclduing this one) have been more intense in color than previous ones. I have not varied the routine at all, or changed the brand. The only variable was the heavy overnight coconut oil soaking. Seems that it is increasing the dye uptake in my case.

Lady Maniai of the Unquenched Flame in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Quote Originally Posted by Dolly View Post
    Well, the verdict is in......my fiancee is the person who has seen (and felt) my hair on a regular basis, every time it has been colored for the last 2.5 years......he has confirmed that the last 3 dye jobs (inclduing this one) have been more intense in color than previous ones. I have not varied the routine at all, or changed the brand. The only variable was the heavy overnight coconut oil soaking. Seems that it is increasing the dye uptake in my case.
    Excellent and thank you for reporting!

Often those around us notice certain changes, like colour, that are not quite as noticeable to the individual.

I know my hair's condition best but judging the colour sometimes, in different lights, can be difficult for me to assess.

You are not alone in this, about the dye uptake improving with the amount of coconut oil used, based on other reports.

I think that it is great! ETA: I added your verification of the increased dye uptake to your Report, #35.
    Last edited by ktani; August 9th, 2009 at 08:06 PM. Reason: grammar

Length
    pixie/Hip/Class
    Type
    2a/F/ii/iii

Oh my, coconut oil had a DRAMATIC effect on my hair. My virgin hair is bluish black, and having soaked on coconut oil for the previous 3 hours, my hair reached platinum with 20 vol peroxide, in an hour or so. No damage on the roots at all, although some strands feel stringy when wet, but they had been abused before and I wasn't exactly gentle. I'll do a more thorough report tomorrow since I don't have pics yet.
    My roots are pink! Great to know for those times I get the urge to get unnatural bright colors.

Hi Ktani..
    Sorry i have been away from LHC for a while but i felt i have to report back to you my use of Coconut oil.

if you can remember i had henna'd my hair but it started turning orange so i decided to completely remove it.. i started by using Sun-In after applying CO, it was doing good but didn't change the color much, so i took the courage and decided to highlight it.. my hairdresser was good she highlighted some strands and colored the rest brown to cover the orange color, i did use CO before going to the salon and my hair felt great not like it has been highlighted at all!! unfortunately i got carried away and went for another highlighting session but forgot to put CO and only then my hair felt very dry!! i could see huge tremendous difference between highlighting with and without CO!! so now my hair is really in bad shape because of my bad memory!!
    CO is a miraculous way to protect your hair from the toughest peroxide damage!!
    GO KTANI !! THANK U SO MUCH I can finally live with better hair color
    Last edited by Palms; August 10th, 2009 at 04:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Palms View Post
    Hi Ktani..
    Sorry i have been away from LHC for a while but i felt i have to report back to you my use of Coconut oil.

if you can remember i had henna'd my hair but it started turning orange so i decided to completely remove it.. i started by using Sun-In after applying CO, it was doing good but didn't change the color much, so i took the courage and decided to highlight it.. my hairdresser was good she highlighted some strands and colored the rest brown to cover the orange color, i did use CO before going to the salon and my hair felt great not like it has been highlighted at all!! unfortunately i got carried away and went for another highlighting session but forgot to put CO and only then my hair felt very dry!! i could see huge tremendous difference between highlighting with and without CO!! so now my hair is really in bad shape because of my bad memory!!
    CO is a miraculous way to protect your hair from the toughest peroxide damage!!
    GO KTANI !! THANK U SO MUCH I can finally live with better hair color
    Thank you so much for the report! And the support!

I am so sorry that you are now dealing with dry, rough hair.

The good news is that coconut oil has been reported to be helpful in recovery too. It cannot repair any damage but it may help keep your hair from getting more damaged. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by lundmir View Post
    Oh my, coconut oil had a DRAMATIC effect on my hair. My virgin hair is bluish black, and having soaked on coconut oil for the previous 3 hours, my hair reached platinum with 20 vol peroxide, in an hour or so. No damage on the roots at all, although some strands feel stringy when wet, but they had been abused before and I wasn't exactly gentle. I'll do a more thorough report tomorrow since I don't have pics yet.
    My roots are pink! Great to know for those times I get the urge to get unnatural bright colors.
    Great news so far. I am not sure what stringy means at this point. I am hoping it is ok.

I suggest for such dramatic colour changes, that you use a very heavy oiling, of either coconut oil or coconut and argan oils and leave the oil(s) on overnight.

From a number reports now, the more of these oils that are used and the longer they are left on the hair as a pre-treatment, the better the results, in terms of no dryness, as well as the hair having been protected, with no damage results, and better dye uptake too.

I look forward to you complete report!
    Last edited by ktani; August 10th, 2009 at 04:44 PM. Reason: spelling

Length
    21"/39"/44"
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by ktani View Post
    It appears that we are at an impasse. I said that I think that your conditioner is probably designed to work well on dry hair too. Perhaps it is designed to work best on dry hair only.

That has nothing to do with the source I quoted, in my opinion. Maybe your conditioner, if diluted with any amount of water, does not work as well as it may otherwise.

I am pleased for you that it works.
    ktani, it's not a leave in it's a conditioner. Regular conditioner, with instructions that say apply to hair after washing and rinse.

Soft hair that is nice to sit on - now I'm bragging!

Quote Originally Posted by Heidi_234 View Post
    ktani, it's not a leave in it's a conditioner. Regular conditioner, with instructions that say apply to hair after washing and rinse.
    Thank you for the extra details. They do not change my opinion of what we discussed.

The source is in reference to how much water hair can absorb and how long complete saturation takes.
    Last edited by ktani; August 10th, 2009 at 06:55 AM. Reason: grammar