Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Access to the archives

Length
    SL/APL/WL?
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: Access to the archives

Hi Flaxen! Just wondering if you've heard back yet about my login/searching issues...

Length
    26/27-30/??
    Type
    2b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Proginoskes View Post
    Hi Flaxen! Just wondering if you've heard back yet about my login/searching issues...
    Yes, here's the thing. It requires an administrator to set that up for a member, and time just isn't allowing for one of them to do that right now. I'm not sure when archive searching for new members will happen again.

In the meantime, you should be able to freely browse the public areas of the archive, and if there is anything specific you're looking for that I can help with, please let me know.

Length
    23/30/35
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

Another request to be added please Thank you!
    Karisa

Length
    26/27-30/??
    Type
    2b/F/i/ii

Because of time constraints and the steps involved in setting up an account for each new request to be able to search the archives, it has been decided to suspend adding new members to the search permissions.

That is not to say that the archive is completely unsearchable for new members, however. Let's say you want to read about henna in the archive. You can use Google to search like this:

henna site:archive.longhaircommunity.com

Also, remember that the majority of the archive is available to browse without being logged in.

At some point in the future, the two sites may be merged, making the whole database searchable, but there is no definite timeline for the merge. Thank you, all, for your patience and understanding.