Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I got the henna out of my hair, yay :)

Type
    2a/M/iii

Default I got the henna out of my hair, yay :)

I used henna twice, and I didn't really think I could bleach it out, after being told by almost everyone that bleach would only destroy my hair and I just had to grow the henna out. But there was just no way I was cutting now that i'm so close to getting it long
    I bleached it once, and got an yellow on the ends, and orange by the roots. I colored my none destroyed hair with an ash color, and now I have a pretty golden blond. My hair is just as lovely as before, but that might be because I have really thick hair. If you have used henna for years or something i dont think you can bleach it out btw

This it how it turned out:

Waiting for waist

Type
    1c/2a/M/C/iii

Default Re: I got the henna out of my hair, yay :)

Congrats on getting it out. I'm still trying to figure out how
    Revirgised.....The henna is gone and I'm starting over!
    Lady Nótt of the Depthless Skies in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    17.5/17.5/17
    Type
    1b/M/ii/iii

Wow, that's great!

Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

that is great! i agree with you, with many applications that woudnt be possible.. i just have to say, you may think your hair is just "as" lovely as before but believe me, bleach damages the hair, even if you dont feel or see it now you will eventually. So you should have that in consideration and treat your hair better then ever!
    .~~~. :*: Bárbara :*: .~~~.

Length
    shldr/bsl/waist
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

It looks like it worked really well! What color was your hair before you used henna? I really wish I tried this after the first or second time I used henna. I spent a very long time hating my hair.

I agree about the bleach damage - it may take months before you start noticing. I'd prefer to trim occassionally than have to look at a color I don't like in the mirror every day though.

Length
    Pixie/APL/waist
    Type
    1c/F/M/i/ii

I am very glad this worked for you! Take really good care of your hair after bleach and color, extra special gentle handling and moisture treatments. Protein will also benefit bleached hair. Its likely in time you will get damage, but mostly on the last inch or two, possibly three which can get trimmed out over time.

I am by no means an expert, but I have bleached many times in my life, and found that basically, only the very ends would be ravaged, not the whole kaboodle.
    Once you place a candle in the dark, you can't deny the light. . Once you give to man that candle, you give his mind the power of flight. - Myself.
    Lady Seyllea, Oracle of Time and Becoming in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

redtea but you DO have a beautiful henna colour! of course i understand what you mean...sometimes it is not for us.
    .~~~. :*: Bárbara :*: .~~~.

Congrats, Bianca! It looks very nice. If I may ask, what did you use to bleach, and what sort of color did you use for the ash blond?

Type
    2a/M/iii

Hatsumomo: How many times have you used henna ? If it's more than a coulpe times I would say you'd have to grow it out

brok3nwings: I always take good care of it, I just had to get rid of the henna and get closer to my natural blond color. The upkeep was to much. I'll do lots of deep con treatments and pray that it keeps looking fine

Redtea: My natural hair color is medium blonde

Kirin: Hi again I will do a protein treatment tomorrow, and pamper it more than ever
    Waiting for waist

Lookin' good.

I'm curious, what henna did you use and how many times?