Page 133 of 141 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133134135 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,330 of 1409

Thread: Possible way to protect hair from conventional peroxide damage

Account Closed by Member Request
    In the Realm of Innovative Hair Care Methods

Default Re: Possible way to protect hair from conventional peroxide damage

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    I don't think there is much damage at all if any!!!
    There are 2 classifications for the Reports. No damage and damage, depending on results. No worries. Take your time to assess your hair. I do not need an instant answer unless you are sure. If you can add pictues of before and after that is cool. If not, OK too. I will add your report when you are sure, to the others, with all of your report posts.
    Last edited by ktani; September 20th, 2010 at 07:13 AM. Reason: spelling

Length
    16"/33/????
    Type
    2c/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Crazycatlady View Post
    Yes, girlcat36, your hair looks great!!! Love those healthy curls!
    Thank you, Crazycatlady!

Thanks, Ktani! Your hair blog is fantastic!!! I've got to try the lemon juice frizz buster; thanks for converting all those measurements, makes things so much easier!
    ​Babyfine and superrrrr thin. Growing long anyway!
    Lady Kan-Yu, Lawspeaker of Heaven and Earth in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Quote Originally Posted by girlcat36 View Post
    Thank you, Crazycatlady!

Thanks, Ktani! Your hair blog is fantastic!!! I've got to try the lemon juice frizz buster; thanks for converting all those measurements, makes things so much easier!
    Thank You! Your reports have been invaluable, as has those of all of the others reporting here, regardless of the results.

It did take a while to get all of those conversions straight and understandable, lol.
    Last edited by ktani; September 20th, 2010 at 03:01 PM. Reason: punctuation

Length
    9/26/?
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Maybe I am asking too much but I have gone through the thread and couldn't find the application method.
    I mean, It's just heavy oiling and leaving on overnight the best system?

Sorry if this has been answered already but I am planning on doing highlights soon on my hair and I would highly appreciate directions on how to do this.

Could someone, please, summarize or address me to the post/posts were the directions are posted?

TIA!

Quote Originally Posted by Zenity View Post
    Maybe I am asking too much but I have gone through the thread and couldn't find the application method.
    I mean, It's just heavy oiling and leaving on overnight the best system?

Sorry if this has been answered already but I am planning on doing highlights soon on my hair and I would highly appreciate directions on how to do this.

Could someone, please, summarize or address me to the post/posts were the directions are posted?

TIA!
    One thread summary including application details to order, from my blog, http://ktanihairsense.blogspot.com/2...nnovative.html. You can choose the timing. For highlights, I would go with an overnight oiling.
    Last edited by ktani; September 27th, 2010 at 01:11 PM. Reason: grammar

Length
    9/26/?
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Thanks Ktani.

I will follow your advise and make sure I do an overnight oiling with a clean hair (no residues) previous bleaching the highlights.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenity View Post
    Thanks Ktani.

I will follow your advise and make sure I do an overnight oiling with a clean hair (no residues) previous bleaching the highlights.

You are most welcome!

If you have pure argan oil, you can add that on top of the coconut oil. I think it is better to err on the side of extra time and a heavy oiling with bleach.

Regarding this post, http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...&postcount=134 and argan oil.

Argan oil is mostly oleic acid, http://www.naturesgift.com/carrier_oils/Argan-Oil.htm, which by that alone means that it cannot penetrate hair as deeply as coconut oil.

However, argan oil used with coconut oil has not been reported to impede conventional dye uptake or lightening.

The purpose of using it as part of the pre-treatment is its copper chelating ability, which I think, as I have stated before, based on its phenolic profile, is even greater than that of coconut oil. Adding it to a pre-treatment to me, increases the strength of the pre-treatment.

P&G research, which I have posted here, found that the chelating of copper, significantly positively affected dye uptake, increasing it.

I have and still do recommend applying coconut oil to the hair first when doing a pre-treatment and then applying the argan oil over that.

Different oils have different applications. For conditioning, research has shown that coconut oil penetrating hair to the cortex level is significant and for an oil shampoo it makes sense to me that it would be significant too.

For oiling hair there are a number of choices, depending on what someone wants and needs an oil to do.

This, http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...ad.php?t=57025, is turning out to be a very interesting thread and I think making a coconut oil shampoo is worth checking into and trying out, with 15 positive results so far.
    Last edited by ktani; October 19th, 2010 at 04:58 PM. Reason: added link and text

An often asked question is what brand of coconut oil is good to use for chelating.

I did this post for the "movie star" thread, but it belongs here too and it is now linked in the first post of this thread as well, http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...&postcount=306.

Length
    16"/33/????
    Type
    2c/F/i/ii

Just colored, and checking in. I did something slightly different this time so I guess I'll report on it.
    I did a heavy overnight coconut oiling(Nutive extra virgin organic), and usually I oil over wet hair. This time I was lazy, and didn't feel like wetting my hair so I oiled over DRY hair, braided it, and slept on it.
    In the morning, I wet my hair and applied more coconut oil to just the roots, and applied my hair color(Natural Instincts 'Tweed') to roots only. I left it on for 20 minutes, and did not pull color through my length.
    Rinsed out the color and finished with an ACV rinse and leave-in conditioner(VO5 Blackberry Sage Tea)
    The was no damage whatsoever.

I wasn't sure if it would make a difference with overnight oiling on DRY hair instead of wet. It doesn't seem to have made any difference.
    ​Babyfine and superrrrr thin. Growing long anyway!
    Lady Kan-Yu, Lawspeaker of Heaven and Earth in the Order of the Long Haired Knights