Results 1,311 to 1,320 of 1409

Thread: Possible way to protect hair from conventional peroxide damage

Length
    Nape/nape/BSL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/i

Default Re: Possible way to protect hair from conventional peroxide damage

Quote Originally Posted by ktani View Post
    I would apply it to wet (not too wet) or damp hair as long as the hair is residue free. Yes, follow the instructions on the box. You apply the colour as normal minus the pre-conditioner right over the coconut oil heavy oiling, after the coconut oil has been on the hair for at least an hour or more, to full saturate the hair.

There may be instructions on the box re leaving the colour on longer than normal for grey hair. It is important though to follow the instructions for the given product as intructions vary with regard to time between brands.

Good luck!
    OK, so I read this AFTER I did my hair I put it on dry hair and left it for and hour and a half, I saturated my hair with the oil. I applied the colour as per the instructions on the box and waited, when I rinsed it off my hair felt a bit matted but once I slathered on some silicone free condish it felt better, I am letting it air dry, so far the colour seems to have taken well even though my hair was almost dripping with coconut oil! The ends seem a bit darker than the roots but that may change when its all fully dry.
    I will update later!
    Do you think it would be a good idea to apply some coconut oil each night until it feels better?
    Lady Gylly, Scion of the Blessed Island in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Account Closed by Member Request
    In the Realm of Innovative Hair Care Methods

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    OK, so I read this AFTER I did my hair I put it on dry hair and left it for and hour and a half, I saturated my hair with the oil. I applied the colour as per the instructions on the box and waited, when I rinsed it off my hair felt a bit matted but once I slathered on some silicone free condish it felt better, I am letting it air dry, so far the colour seems to have taken well even though my hair was almost dripping with coconut oil! The ends seem a bit darker than the roots but that may change when its all fully dry.
    I will update later!
    Do you think it would be a good idea to apply some coconut oil each night until it feels better?
    Yes, that is a great idea. Your hair should feel better once washed too.

Length
    16"/33/????
    Type
    2c/F/i/ii

I colored my hair today using Natural Instincts 'Tweed' semi-permanent color.
    I did a heavy coconut oiling from roots to ends on wet hair; I braided it and slept on it.
    I used Jarrow Formulas organic coconut oil.
    In the morning I rewet my hair and applied more coconut oil to the roots and the very ends.
    I applied the color and left it on for 15 minutes. Then I made a mixture of 1/2 dye and 1/2 VO5 moisturizing condish. I applied this mixture to the length and let it sit for 5 more minutes.
    I do not usually apply color to the length, but my hair became very light from the summer sun and I wanted to even out my hair color.
    I rinsed, applied Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose Conditioner as a leave-in condish and let air dry.
    There was absolutely no damage.

For the record, my hair is baby fine and fragile, just past BSL. I have 3a/b hair that doesn't want to curl when dry/damaged. I have included pics, as you can see my hair has decent curl formation all the way to the ends, indicating healthy hair.

​Babyfine and superrrrr thin. Growing long anyway!
    Lady Kan-Yu, Lawspeaker of Heaven and Earth in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Quote Originally Posted by girlcat36 View Post
    I colored my hair today using Natural Instincts 'Tweed' semi-permanent color.
    I did a heavy coconut oiling from roots to ends on wet hair; I braided it and slept on it.
    I used Jarrow Formulas organic coconut oil.
    In the morning I rewet my hair and applied more coconut oil to the roots and the very ends.
    I applied the color and left it on for 15 minutes. Then I made a mixture of 1/2 dye and 1/2 VO5 moisturizing condish. I applied this mixture to the length and let it sit for 5 more minutes.
    I do not usually apply color to the length, but my hair became very light from the summer sun and I wanted to even out my hair color.
    I rinsed, applied Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose Conditioner as a leave-in condish and let air dry.
    There was absolutely no damage.

For the record, my hair is baby fine and fragile, just past BSL. I have 3a/b hair that doesn't want to curl when dry/damaged. I have included pics, as you can see my hair has decent curl formation all the way to the ends, indicating healthy hair.

Thank you so much for your latest report. Fantastic! Your hair looks wonderful with excellent curl definition. Your report for the record is #51 (including the no damage report by pm). For Report Post II, #50. Well done! I just have to add it now. ETA: Done!
    Last edited by ktani; September 19th, 2010 at 07:27 PM. Reason: ETA

Length
    pixie/pixie/??

Yes, girlcat36, your hair looks great!!! Love those healthy curls!

Length
    Nape/nape/BSL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/i

My colour seems to have turned out a bit ashy, although I did not think that there was any ashyness in the colour I picked, still I assume it will fade
    Lady Gylly, Scion of the Blessed Island in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

My colour seems to have turned out a bit ashy, although I did not think that there was any ashyness in the colour I picked, still I assume it will fade
    Sorry to hear it is not the colour you were after. How is the condition of your hair and the dye uptake?

Length
    Nape/nape/BSL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/i

My hair feels very "thick" which is very different to the usual cobweb fine feeling!
    I am starting to feel happier about the colour, its just that ALL of my hair now seems to be MY colour rather than just the roots, I am hoping that I won't have to use dye again after this, I MUST let my natural colour come through
    The dye uptake was great, nice and even, when I have done it before without the coconut oil, the ends always come out darker (I am not very good at doing roots only) but this is the same all over, It feels fine too, not snarly and dry at all!

My hair feels very "thick" which is very different to the usual cobweb fine feeling!
    I am starting to feel happier about the colour, its just that ALL of my hair now seems to be MY colour rather than just the roots, I am hoping that I won't have to use dye again after this, I MUST let my natural colour come through
    The dye uptake was great, nice and even, when I have done it before without the coconut oil, the ends always come out darker (I am not very good at doing roots only) but this is the same all over, It feels fine too, not snarly and dry at all!
    That sounds great! Do you see any damage or do you need more time to assess that? It sounds as if you did a great job!

Length
    Nape/nape/BSL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/i

I don't think there is much damage at all if any!!!