Page 130 of 141 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130131132140 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,300 of 1409

Thread: Possible way to protect hair from conventional peroxide damage

Account Closed by Member Request
    In the Realm of Innovative Hair Care Methods

Default Re: Possible way to protect hair from conventional peroxide damage

Quote Originally Posted by earthymamawitch View Post
    Hi there, I know this is an old part of the post, but can anyone direct me to working pics of ChicO's hair? The original links seem to be broken.

Jenn
    Unfortunately that happens sometimes. If the pics are gone you need to pm Chico.

The 2 posts after the one you posted http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...&postcount=645, and http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...&postcount=647, on the condition of her hair, no breakage or splits.
    Last edited by ktani; July 22nd, 2010 at 11:47 AM. Reason: added links and text

Length
    19/30/36
    Type
    1a/F/ii

In September it will have been 2 years since I've been using coconut oil before colouring.

Here is a comparison of my hair before I used a pre-colour coconut oiling and now, 2 years later.

I wish that the lighting conditions had been the same, however, it's clear to see how much thicker the newest 2 years worth of growth is than it used to be.

I actually braided my hair as tightly as possible for today's photo.

Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

WOW!! That is such an amazing difference! Do contribute this extra thickness to JUST the use of coconut oil pre-colouring? I find the coconut oiling to be very beneficial as far as condition goes, but haven't noticed anymore thickness. This is a very happy "side effect" for you!!

LHC member for 17 years and ALWAYS learning!.....♥ Currently growing out silver again

Quote Originally Posted by FrannyG View Post
    In September it will have been 2 years since I've been using coconut oil before colouring.

Here is a comparison of my hair before I used a pre-colour coconut oiling and now, 2 years later.

I wish that the lighting conditions had been the same, however, it's clear to see how much thicker the newest 2 years worth of growth is than it used to be.

I actually braided my hair as tightly as possible for today's photo.

Franny, that is amazing!!!!!!! And the best, most expressive way to shw how coconut oil can help prevent peroxide damage to hair. Thank you for taking the time and effort to post this latest picture. I will add it to the reports. The lighting is fine. ETA: Done!
    Last edited by ktani; August 22nd, 2010 at 06:34 AM. Reason: ETA

Length
    19/30/36
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Rini View Post
    WOW!! That is such an amazing difference! Do contribute this extra thickness to JUST the use of coconut oil pre-colouring? I find the coconut oiling to be very beneficial as far as condition goes, but haven't noticed anymore thickness. This is a very happy "side effect" for you!!
    Yes, Rini, I really do believe that it's the coconut oil causing the difference in thickness. Even when my pre-LHC hair that had been heat-treated had grown in for 2 years and I had grown my bangs out, my circumference was still only 2.25 inches/5.7 cm, as it had always been. Now my circumference is 3 inches/7.6 cm and it only is thick from the point that I started using coconut oil. While I've been trimming a lot in the past 2 years and basically maintaining to get rid of the thin ends, the thinness and taper really is at that mark of pre-coconut oil use.

I believe that I'm having less breakage than I did before. While I can't say that it's concrete proof that it's the coconut oil, I have not changed anything else at all about my diet or treatment of my hair in the past 2 years, where the difference in thickness starts.

I can tell you that I will never again touch up my roots without thoroughly coating my hair in coconut oil. My hair has never been this thick since I began colouring, some 18 years ago.

Ktani, I am so happy to be able to contribute in my small way.

Quote Originally Posted by FrannyG View Post
    Ktani, I am so happy to be able to contribute in my small way.
    You have contributed in a very detailed, well written, well illustrated way and I thank you again!

Length
    15/24.5/37
    Type
    1b/M/ii/iii

I soaked my hair with coconut oil for an hour. re moistened my hair with warm water and soaked my hair with sun in (original) then let it air dry out in the sun.

No damage to my hair then nor several months later since I did it.

Quote Originally Posted by Heartwillfollow View Post
    I soaked my hair with coconut oil for an hour. re moistened my hair with warm water and soaked my hair with sun in (original) then let it air dry out in the sun.

No damage to my hair then nor several months later since I did it.

Thank you so much for your report!
    Your hair looks gorgeous and I appreciate the no hair damage assessment. A blow dryer is a safer way to do this if you try it again in the future, as UV can be more damaging than dryer heat on lower settings (I had a stylist "blow torch" my hair one time with a blow dryer that literally turned some individulal hairs to ash). However, your hair obvioulsly suffered no ill effects from what you did, so you must have been careful.

I know that you started this journey with honey lightening and finished it with the coconut oil pre-treatment and Sun-In, so I am linking your honey lightening photos and report here.

ETA: I added your report to the reports in the first post, to Report Post II. I asked you some questions in the Honey thread. I will link your replies here too. Done! More recipe details.
    Last edited by ktani; August 30th, 2010 at 12:03 PM. Reason: adjust text

made of sugar and cyanide MandyBeth's Avatar
    Length
    6"?/17"/.....
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii/iii

Ok, I'll bite. I've got 10 or so hair balls at home. Got 10, 20, and 30 bleach. Now my hair does NOT tolerate bleach. So what if I took co on 3, argan oil on 4 and nothing on 3 and see how long to hair chemical soup.

ETA:

For the 4th argan, but that in my honey treatment. Already know my hair is happy with no coating, and co helps the peroxide in the mix but shows no signs of problems. Might have enough to try the cardamon mix also.
    Last edited by Gumball; September 1st, 2010 at 12:37 AM. Reason: Combined posts into ETA.

Quote Originally Posted by MandyBeth View Post
    For the 4th argan, but that in my honey treatment. Already know my hair is happy with no coating, and co helps the peroxide in the mix but shows no signs of problems. Might have enough to try the cardamon mix also.
    If your hair is delicate, and previously damaged which it is I would not use bleach at all.

Here are 2 posts and 1 link that may help.
    1. Factors that influence changing an existing hair colour

2. Hair: Hair Texture

3. Suggestions for henna removal