View Full Version : My hairline is ruined :(

pocketfulla
August 11th, 2012, 07:41 AM
I've posted a similar thread before, so sorry, but my hairline is completely ruined. I have course, brittle baby hairs along the whole thing that are snapping off, and my hairline is in patches, I can't even describe it, it's like zig zag? Like when I pull it back in a ponytail it's all uneven. I can post a pic tomorrow. I'm really freaking out & it just makes me sick. I've straightened it for the past year which I'm obviously not doing anymore, so apart from not using heat, what else can I do!? Thanks..

Kelikea
August 11th, 2012, 07:52 AM
Cutting in some bangs could hide some of the damage and new growth. You can always grow them back in as your hairline gets better. Try to avoid tight ponytails because this will pull so much on the hairline and cause more breakage. Some people have good luck with castor oil treatments. Maybe try dabbing a little around the hairline? How long is your hair? If it isn't too long yet, like shoulder length or so, then maybe wear it down more and condition a lot to help minimize breakage and pulling at the hairline.

Try not to stress about it. Good luck :)

heidi w.
August 11th, 2012, 07:54 AM
I am thinking that looking into getting a doctor check up done, which includes a blood screen panel might not be a bad idea. Specifically check for anemia and thyroid condition.

Are you pulling your hair back too tightly?

Are you using any kind of headband?

What is your idea that's causing this problem. Heat applied to other parts of the hair and not this part of hair is not the issue. That's not to say that heat on hair is a good idea though.

You might have too little protein, also.....get a strand test for protein and porosity completed.

Those are the things I'm thinking about. I also wonder if you detangle your hair before it is air dry?

Those are my initial thoughts, but your post leads us in no direction otherwise. You're inviting all kinds of guesses all over the map. Maybe come in and be more specific somehow such as your hair routine or your ideas for the cause of this.

That's all I can do from utter darkness.

heidi w.

pocketfulla
August 11th, 2012, 08:04 AM
Cutting in some bangs could hide some of the damage and new growth. You can always grow them back in as your hairline gets better. Try to avoid tight ponytails because this will pull so much on the hairline and cause more breakage. Some people have good luck with castor oil treatments. Maybe try dabbing a little around the hairline? How long is your hair? If it isn't too long yet, like shoulder length or so, then maybe wear it down more and condition a lot to help minimize breakage and pulling at the hairline.

Try not to stress about it. Good luck :)

My hair is BSL. Thanks for your reply!

I am thinking that looking into getting a doctor check up done, which includes a blood screen panel might not be a bad idea. Specifically check for anemia and thyroid condition.

Are you pulling your hair back too tightly?

Are you using any kind of headband?

What is your idea that's causing this problem. Heat applied to other parts of the hair and not this part of hair is not the issue. That's not to say that heat on hair is a good idea though.

You might have too little protein, also.....get a strand test for protein and porosity completed.

Those are the things I'm thinking about. I also wonder if you detangle your hair before it is air dry?

Those are my initial thoughts, but your post leads us in no direction otherwise. You're inviting all kinds of guesses all over the map. Maybe come in and be more specific somehow such as your hair routine or your ideas for the cause of this.

That's all I can do from utter darkness.

heidi w.

Sorry. I don't think it would be from a headband as I don't wear one or pullying my hair back too tight. When I say straighten I literally mean straighten the hairs along my hairline. I know how I got here I just want to know how to fix it. Thanks for your reply! :)

Wildcat Diva
August 11th, 2012, 08:35 AM
I am using a little straight monistat on my scalp at the scraggly baby nape hairs in the back. It's just a tiny dab or two, and I've had no complications so far. Even if I don't get good results, at least it makes me feel like I'm DOING SOMETHING about it and makes me less depressed about them.

jacqueline101
August 11th, 2012, 09:53 AM
I'd micro trim away the damaged ends. Keep monistat you might try some oils for moisture the ends and help the hairs from breaking off.

spidermom
August 11th, 2012, 10:06 AM
Switch to a gentle hair care routine and have patience. Those baby hairs are your future long hairs. Also try not to spend too much time looking in the mirror contemplating all that you see wrong.

Loveisaverb
August 11th, 2012, 01:42 PM
I remember two years ago, when a hairdresser was cutting my hair for my bangs and ended up somehow cutting most of my bangs right to my scalp.
So I had some bangs left which fell to my nose and then patches of little hairs all over.
Me being dumb tried an electric shaver to my hairline trying to cut the little baby hairs out so it didn't look so weird and ended up shaving some of my bangs off.
So I kind of know how to feel, through sadly all I can say is that it will take time for hair to grow back.
I say all you can really do is keep your hairline moisturized and have patience.
Through you could try if you don't want to look at it putting hats, headbands, scarves around your hairline.