PDA

View Full Version : Best shampoos to reduce hair shedding?

lole18
August 5th, 2012, 04:02 PM
I take vitamins and oil my hair but what are the best shampoos to minimize shedding? I'm currently using Lush's shampoo :)

gonzobird
August 5th, 2012, 04:14 PM
Avalon organics makes a biotin shampoo that's supposed to be pretty nice. There's a lot of controversy/info on this topic... I kinda just wanted to pop on and say I've heard people having shedding issues with lush products. Although any shampoo can increase shedding, i just wanted to point out the lush thing.

lmfbs
August 5th, 2012, 05:41 PM
I think it really depends on your own hair. Things that work for some people work terribly for others. For example, I've found my best success with CO, but many people find a huge increase in shedding with CO.

I think trial and error is the best way to approach this question. Also, personally I don't think you can tell from just one wash. If it were me, I'd give it 5-6 washes at least.

swearnsue
August 5th, 2012, 06:17 PM
Whatever shampoo you decide to use it's always a good idea to dilute it with some water before you pour in onto your head. This way the shampoo spreads out through the scalp more evenly and you can get away with using less shampoo. Shampoos that say they are for color-treated hair tend to be more gentle, but everyone is different so it's a matter of finding what your scalp and hair likes.
I've been taking 1000mg MSM per day and I think it makes me shed less. Just a thought.