PDA

View Full Version : Ahh Runny Henna >___<

thankyousir74
August 4th, 2008, 12:12 PM
AHHHH RUNNY HENNA OF DOOM!!!

It's driving me crazy
And I still have until four o clock

It's dripping down my neck and its even dripped down to my bra several times already
AHHHH

I think maybe I should just pop in a movie and put a towel on my back superman style and fuggedaboutit but jeez Ahh this is such an annoying feeling, no wonder you guys advised that thick henna is better than thin henna. I saw this doom approach as soon as I was stirring it I was like... damn... this is not mashed potatoes consistency... this is like pancake batter consistency. and when I added the conditioner it just got even runnier
OMG

It's so cold too, I know that at some point in my hennahead life I was gonna make this mistake, but I didn't know it was so annoying >___<

Argh I'm sure some of you guys can relate I just felt like sharing my news

agggghhhhh

wintersun99
August 4th, 2008, 12:35 PM
oh know! I hate that :)

hazelceleste
August 4th, 2008, 01:04 PM
Have you tried gently wringing some of the excess henna out of your hair? That's what I do when I make my henna too thin, and it helps a lot.

NurseMama
August 4th, 2008, 01:33 PM
Last time I was at Sally's I bought some of that cotton batting that stylists use to keep perm solution from dripping down. I used it this last weekend and it really worked! I didn't have to wipe henna the entire time I had the henna on my head!

AmericanWoman
August 5th, 2008, 08:46 AM
I use a extra large scarf I made from a size 2x tshirt. Put it over a shower cap, fold the end under knot. Works great.

happymommy
August 6th, 2008, 07:13 AM
I shoved rolled up paper towels under the edges of the saran wrap. I only made it two hours before I lost control and rinsed.

SaraMatty
August 6th, 2008, 11:55 PM
I feel your pain. I'm sitting with a runny batch on my head right now too. I oopsed and put a little too much water in it when I was thinning it out and ended up with a loose cake batter instead of yogurt. next time I'm definitely trying the hairdresser's cotton stuff. I used paper towels the last time but it just didn't quite do it, but I remember the cotton from perms in the 80s and it seems like it did a better job with the drippes. as for this time, I'm going to be going to bed soon with a few extra towels which should take care of the aggravation factor.