PDA

View Full Version : Make your own CreaClip?

HintOfMint
July 10th, 2012, 10:54 PM
I was wondering if it were possible to do this and how I would go about fashioning one? Let's get creative here!

A side note: has anyone ever used one to cut layers in their own hair? How did you like it?

ariesfairies
July 11th, 2012, 01:52 AM
You'd probably be better buying one :P The components of it would be finicky to put together.

Getting the Spirit Level on it would be the easiest part. What you want is the inside to firmly clasp your hair, if not to get it to have the grooves to brush it out.

Oksana
July 11th, 2012, 05:35 AM
I bought a knock off one on eBay for a very cheap price and it works perfectly.

pepperminttea
July 11th, 2012, 06:33 AM
I bought a knock off one on eBay for a very cheap price and it works perfectly.

Agreed, I think a knock off would be the cheapest and easiest way if you want the U-shape. If you want a straight one, maybe two rulers tied together at one end with a hair tie, insert hair, and add another hair tie over the open end?

jojo
July 11th, 2012, 08:29 AM
I got the knock off one, off eBay too works a treat and gives a very professional finish.

Layers can be achieved by putting your hair in a high pony and just trimming the ends or more off. I don't have layers myself but I'm sure spidermom has done this in the past with good results.

Oksana
July 11th, 2012, 08:37 AM
Agreed, I think a knock off would be the cheapest and easiest way if you want the U-shape. If you want a straight one, maybe two rulers tied together at one end with a hair tie, insert hair, and add another hair tie over the open end?

I received a white large 'U' shaped creaclip with a smaller blue straight one meant for layers I think. Although its smaller its large enough to maintain a blunt hemline if you are trimming the very ends :)

Ticky
July 11th, 2012, 08:42 AM
I had a thread about trimming, and someone posted this http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=69398

Might be helpful :)