PDA

View Full Version : Hair growing cycles

poppy81
June 24th, 2012, 04:59 AM
Hi everyone,
I have been doing a bit of reading about hair growth cycles on the internet and a few people have mentioned that not everyone can grow long hair, and that some people's hair will only grow to a certain length due to their anagen phase more being the case if you have a shorter anagen phase than someone with a longer one. Is this true? :confused: Because my hair does seem to grow slow, although it does grow the average half an inch a month. Does this mean I might not have long hair ever? So dissapointing as I do have hair goals.

DarkCurls
June 24th, 2012, 05:04 AM
Half an inch a month is not slow. As you said, it's average. There's no way for us to tell whether you'll be able to grow long hair or not, but I wouldn't worry about it just yet. If you're getting 1/2" a month, then I don't see why you should panic.
Sadly, yes, terminal length is a real thing. I try not to let it bother me. :p

Madora
June 24th, 2012, 07:15 AM
Whether or not your hair will grow to long lengths depends on the genes you inherited from both your parents. One half an inch per month is normal growth.

Long hair growth also depends on how well you care for your hair, plus your diet.

jacqueline101
June 24th, 2012, 07:16 AM
Sounds like me you should be able to have long hair. Half inch is average and I wouldn't panic yet. You should be able to grow long flowing hair but everyone will reach terminal length.