PDA

View Full Version : Shipping from Ficcare.com to the UK?

Pegasus Marsters
July 31st, 2008, 05:16 PM
Can anyone tell me how much it costs to ship from ficcare.com to the UK? I want to order a maximas after playing with Lixie's this week... it's made of awesomeness. I have to sign up to find out the shipping and that's a right hassle when I'm not ready to order yet :lol:

soleluna
July 31st, 2008, 05:21 PM
You know that they sell Maximas in shops in the UK? I bought mine there!

Pegasus Marsters
July 31st, 2008, 05:22 PM
You know that they sell Maximas in shops in the UK? I bought mine there!

There are a few shops in London that do, but none near where I live. Sadly with limited mobility (Insert "Peg Leg" pun here) it's just easier for me to buy things on the net if I can.

soleluna
July 31st, 2008, 05:23 PM
I see. But it might be cheaper if you ask a fellow forumite to but it for you in London and then send it to you, no?
Anyway, I'm OT. Dunno how much shipping is. Sorry!

ETA: This is what they said in the reply I had gotten via email back then. Maybe it helps. It seems that many stores carry them in the UK. You can find them at all Cherry Chau's in Harvey Nichols and Selfridges, Harrods, Fenwicks, and WWW.LILYANDDOREEN.CO.UK

Delila
July 31st, 2008, 05:25 PM
If you check the customer service page here (http://www.ficcare.com/CustomerService.aspx), click the link that says "What international shipping options are available and what are the costs?" in the Shipping and Handling Information section of the page. You don't have to log in to find that out.

Ficcare bases their shipping charges on the amount you spend, not the actual weight of the items, if their chart is any indication. Looks like the cheapest option is USPS Air Parcel Post.

Pegasus Marsters
July 31st, 2008, 05:31 PM
With their shipping amounts it may just be cheaper for me to get it in the uk. Ack.

Thanks guys.

Riot Crrl
July 31st, 2008, 05:32 PM
Oh man, that is high. It might be cheaper if even a USian orders it then ships it themselves.

Saranne772
July 31st, 2008, 06:15 PM
what uk shops?

soleluna
July 31st, 2008, 06:18 PM
It seems that many stores carry them in the UK. You can find them at all Cherry Chau's in Harvey Nichols and Selfridges, Harrods, Fenwicks, and WWW.LILYANDDOREEN.CO.UK

here.. couple of posts up

Alethia
July 31st, 2008, 06:28 PM
Pegs, maybe we should get a whole load of people in the UK who want them and then order all together. The postage would work out cheaper then probably. I'm up for joining in the "UKers desperate for a Ficcare" club!

Pegasus Marsters
July 31st, 2008, 07:40 PM
Pegs, maybe we should get a whole load of people in the UK who want them and then order all together. The postage would work out cheaper then probably. I'm up for joining in the "UKers desperate for a Ficcare" club!

Mayhaps... actually an American just offered to order me one with her order and ship it to me so I'll prolly take her up on that :lol:

eadwine
August 1st, 2008, 12:31 AM
That is the best way to go at it. It's how I do it :)

Shipping to here is brrrr otherwise :lol:

willowcandra
August 1st, 2008, 02:29 AM
30 inc next day delivery courtesy of this (http://www.forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=6923&highlight=ficcare)thread.

By the time you add up $35 plus $20 shipping plus up to $20 customs charges and up to four weeks waiting it's so worth ordering it in uk.